"Audioshake" (new stem-separation software)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
I just stumbled upon this--announced a couple of days ago. It was mentioned on the Twitter Feed of one of the guys who founded the VR outfit "Two Big Ears," subsequently acquired by Facebook's Oculus division. (They worked on the VR version of Bjork's Vulnicura, released on the Steam gaming platform last year. I'm still trying to figure out how to hear that album without sinking 400 bucks into an Oculus headset, and I'm wondering whether the audio portion can be converted into some sort of Dolby Atmos master format and then turned into an Atmos-encoded mp4/m4a/mka file.)

"Audioshake can take any song--even if it was never multi-tracked--and break it into its stems, creating new uses for the music in instrumentals, samples, remixes, mash-ups and more." No downloads, no pricing info, just some samples, a FAQ and a contact form.

https://www.audioshake.ai/
https://medium.com/swlh/announcing-audioshake-an-ai-to-open-up-music-for-new-uses-179a924afb83

I heard about them today as well. I sent them a note to clarify if they are any different from the other offerings. Free and commercial.

Also I found this today. Haven't looked to see if others had posted about it here.

https://makenweb.com/SpleeterGUI
It's spleeter self contained with a User Interface and an installer. So no python, Anaconda, etc. to deal with.

For me, I like the Piano and Vocals from Spleeter, but am preferring the Drums and Bass from Demucs. So I need to make a custom "Other" by mixing my preferred stems (at the same level) and subtracting the result from the original stereo.

Re: Converting something to Dolby Atmos;

AFAIK their are only two ways to encode Dolby Atmos.

1) Buy the encoder, which is very expensive, only runs on mac, and requires Pro-Tools (also very expensive).

2) Use Windows 10 to live encode Dolby Atmos on the fly. The problem with that capability is only exposed to programmers. And I have to admit it is beyond my Windows programming skills to tame.

Any Universal Windows Programing expertise out there? I have specific requirements and example code from MS. C++.​

Re: Facebook, it seems to be where VR technology goes to die :cry:. They are trying to force you to use your Facebook account, so they can monetize your play, no more PC based headsets, where is Lone Echo2, etc., etc.

But I have used their ambisonic tools to play 7.1.4 up/re-mixes in my Rift Headset. Six degrees of freedom, vs. the Smith Realiser A16.

Re: Converting something to Dolby Atmos;

AFAIK their are only two ways to encode Dolby Atmos.

1) Buy the encoder, which is very expensive, only runs on mac, and requires Pro-Tools (also very expensive).

2) Use Windows 10 to live encode Dolby Atmos on the fly. The problem with that capability is only exposed to programmers. And I have to admit it is beyond my Windows programming skills to tame.

(Apparently you can also produce in Atmos on the new iPhone 12....)

I think I was hoping--because I came across an Atmos promotional event that featured one of the Two Big Ears guys, and the bio credit mentioned their work with Bjork--that they originally used Atmos as the basis of what eventually wound up in Bjork's museum installations and then the Steam VR version of the album. But I contacted one of them, and it turns out: Probably Not. (In the end, though, they were mainly consultants.)

I have another query out to Chris Elms, who was the mix engineer for the album. We'll see if he answers...

Back