Aural Eargasm

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obbop

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Damn.... I never heard of anyone gush over a non-logic matrix decoder like this chap. He wouldn't be exagerating, would he???? Nah!!!! Perhaps he's just easily pleased. Not that a QR-1500 is a bad unit.... but... the way he drools over it and the POWER!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! 15 watts per channel really drives his speakers!!!!!

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...1357017365

Since the link dies after awhile, here's the text presented for comentary and opinion (allowable use policy ala new copyright rules);

"This is a beautiful example of a Sansui Quad receiver. They certainly don't make them like this any more. Quality is inherent in every line of this beautifully made Audio Component. A clear black-tinted faceplate is set off by a brushed aluminum frame and enclosed in a wood-grain case. All the lamps work beautifully as do all the controls. When powered on, the front of this unit presents a clean and elegant appearance as befits a piece of high quality equipment. And the quality is not just in its appearance, but … OOHH the SOUND!! I tested this receiver by hooking it into my primary Home Theatre setup. I was seriously impressed! First, I tested the system with just 2 channel stereo, and I thought … hmmm, pretty nice. Then I switched on the integrated 4-channel quadraphonic synthesizer and just blew myself away! The incredible surround sound provided was just awesome! Everyday standard 2-channel stereo sources took on a brand new life when piped through this unit with the synthesizer on. And it does not lack for power. It easily drove my ancient and enormous JBL monitor speakers hooked into the front channels, and the Wharfdale sub-woofer and LoudPanels through the rear channels. Everybody in the house came down to ask me to " turn the doggone thing down!" Even the kids!!
Feeling inspired, I then hooked up a discreet Digital Surround (THX) decoder component before the receiver, just to see how it does as a surround pump. WOW! DVD and LaserDisc soundtracks came alive, the sound was as clear and clean and lifelike as my new $1000+ Home Theatre receiver. This actually should not be a surprise. The original idea of surround sound or "Quadraphonic" sound was the inspiration for the full-effect Dolby Digital Surround and THX Surround. We currently see Home Theatre systems being sold today as something entirely new. In actuality, the concept was first implemented in the Quad receivers, tuners and decoders of the 1970's. And 30+ year old Quad components are perfectly capable of performing, even tied into the newest 21st Century Home Theatre Systems.
Classical Music and Rock CD's played through this system sound just fantastic! Mozart concertos were clear and lively, with each individual instrument identifiable and even the softest tones played ever so lightly came through beautifully. With the discreet component decoder set to pass through (off), the sound of the CD's was excellent, but with the Quad synthesizer on, the sound became almost unbelievable! An incredible new dimension even with the old CD's I quickly tested. While testing the Quad synthesizer using an old Led Zeppelin CD (Houses of the Holy, remastered from the old vinyl, of course!), I was able to close my eyes and suddenly I was back, many years and many, many more miles, re-experiencing the concert where I first heard the tunes from that album, many months before the album was released. Talk about Flashbacks! Whew! "

This guy is probably a former speech writer for Clinton. :D

"Of course. YOU will have to pay the PayPal fees!!" :rolleyes:

:-jon

C'mon. This is great copy!

But for one "discreet", no mistakes either.

Keep it handy for the time you auction off yours ;-)

Back