AURO 3D has 100 Albums

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeerround

Staff member
QQ Supporter
Just got this email re: AURO 3d announcing their 100th Album in their immersive surround format:

https://mailchi.mp/auro-technologies/unveil-our-100th-music-album
This is one format I haven't bought an ENcoder for, but my AVR (Marantz AV7704) can DEcode it. I also installed one "extra" genelec speaker directly over the listening position, to support the format.

So I guess it's Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis producing the folks below then on this one?

The legendary production duo recently turned artists with the release of Jam & Lewis Volume One (BMG). The album boasts a star-studded lists of featured guests including Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Boyz II Men, Toni Braxton, Usher & more. The album’s debut single, “He Don’t Know Nothin’ Bout It” (HDKNBI), features legendary artist and Songwriters Hall of Fame alum Babyface, and soared to the Top 5 of the Billboard Adult R&B Airplay chart, as well as garnered an NAACP Image Awards nomination for "Outstanding Duo, Group or Collaboration (Traditional)”

If their darned mixing plugin wasn't limited to Pro Tools I would have joined the Auro family because I honestly think it's the best spatial format.

Actually it doesn't, there are some others that do it too (Nuendo for example).

Well FYI if you can mix to 12ch. I have recently discovered you can encode 7.1.4 dolby atmos (lossy no lossless) on AWS Elemental MediaConvert. Pennies per track:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/mediaconvert/latest/ug/dolby-atmos.html
mp4 output. Same quality as Tidal Atmos.

I have also used it for 9.1.6 Atmos, but it turns out I don't like the downmix to 7.1.4, etc. so it's better just to author directly for 7.1.4 (the down mix from there IS ok).

We can take this to pm or another thread if you want more info.

Umm ok.... they must be off my map... way off..
George McCrae is blues-motown-soul-R&B, whatever you call it. Quite good stuff musically and the Auro mix along with the Mando Diao - Aelita is demo quality immersive recording with very active overhead channels on both. Mando Diao is a Swedish band doing what they call electronic rock. I quite enjoy both of them. Stream them if you can, you might be surprised.

George McCrae is blues-motown-soul-R&B, whatever you call it. Quite good stuff musically and the Auro mix along with the Mando Diao - Aelita is demo quality immersive recording with very active overhead channels on both. Mando Diao is a Swedish band doing what they call electronic rock. I quite enjoy both of them. Stream them if you can, you might be surprised.
Just got around to listening to these since I put up my new (to me) SVS Prime Elevations. WOW, a serious improvement over my last speakers/layout. I think the immersive sound betters the best Atmos recordings I have.
For you with Auro 3D gear, don't forget you may have to manually select the Auro codec. AFAIK much gear doesn't automatically detect Auro like it does Atmos? Be glad to hear from any that do.

Last edited:
Back