Average White Band AWB 1/2 speed CD-4 conversion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy Daniel

Hello everyone. It took me 9 months to perfect the process, but I was able to successfully demodulate and remaster a CD-4 Quadradisc at 1/2 speed. I then employed some proprietary restoration processes to create the final product, which, in my opinion, sounds amazing; sonically superior to the commercial CD. The title is Average White Band, one of my favorite quad mixes. If anyone’s interested in hearing the results, please send me a private message and I’ll send a DTS-encoded CD at no cost in exchange for feedback. For copyright purposes, you must already own a CD-4 or Q8 copy of the material.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a road i have tried years ago but the excessive rumble was killing the improvement in other areas. Will like to know how you got rid of it.

That's a road i have tried years ago but the excessive rumble was killing the improvement in other areas. Will like to know how you got rid of it.

The rumble shouldn’t increase at half speed. What was your setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It did not increase on the volume level, but it does double in frequency when you convert back to normal speed what had been sampled at half speed.

Back