Ayreon-Transitus

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Deluxe Edition has just arrived, nice book, but with discs inserted into the cardboard, and it came complete with an additional cartoon story book. So straight on to the to listen to pile. It was very well packaged, there were plastic edge protectors on all 4 corners.

Mine has arrived, I've played it through once and I liked it. It is a DVDV with 5.1 DD or LPCM stereo, the surround is very good, voices and instruments all around, I went for the orange vinyl, limited to 500 copies, as well as the earbook,
DSC_0738.JPG

Last edited:
Received the earbook version of "Transitus" today. I first put on the dvd to listen to the 5.1 mix. Unfortnately it seems to be a problem with the dvd disc (at least in my package). The disc freezes after the song "This Human Equation". Let's see if anyone else will get this problem when they are receiving their sets.

Received the earbook version of "Transitus" today. I first put on the dvd to listen to the 5.1 mix. Unfortnately it seems to be a problem with the dvd disc (at least in my package). The disc freezes after the song "This Human Equation". Let's see if anyone else will get this problem when they are receiving their sets.
Yes I've noticed a problem with mine when played in the Oppo, it skips a bit not totally freezing though. In my Sony the first time I played it the sound was OK but the picture on screen remained from the song before, but I've not been able to replicate this. I have seen a report on Facebook of problems with the disc.

Yes I've noticed a problem with mine when played in the Oppo, it skips a bit not totally freezing though. In my Sony the first time I played it the sound was OK but the picture on screen remained from the song before, but I've not been able to replicate this. I have seen a report on Facebook of problems with the disc.
There was an authoring problem with one of the earlier 5.1 albums as well and they replaced the disc.

It's the start of the autumn 2020 surround heaven, releases..

This arrived today, playing it now.
I'm a big fan of Ayreon's music and this release carries on his brand of music with plenty of sumptuous surround.

I noticed a few are having problems playing this disc. Mine was not initially recognised on my Sony X800M2. Took it out, gave it a good clean, seems good to go now.

Thoroughly enjoying this release.

Daniel has moved on from Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds!! 😀

Was nervously waiting to see if mine would repeat your disc error....so far all good.
Moved seamlessly on to track 14- Henry's Plot.
Fingers crossed for the remaining songs.
That is a real shame for folk to get disc errors. I'm sure it will be rectified.

DVD from the Earbook of Transitus, end of Track 13, there's a break. Can not play the rest. Also picture has frozen. I've contact the label. Second fail after the soundproblem on electric castl. :oops:

OK, fast reaction

"Thanks for your mail. We're working on a solution for the playback trouble the DVD is having on some players. As soon as we have a solution, we'll get back to you.

Apologies for the inconvenience"

My Problem is on an oppo 203, but also i've read same problem from Sony

OK, fast reaction

"Thanks for your mail. We're working on a solution for the playback trouble the DVD is having on some players. As soon as we have a solution, we'll get back to you.

Apologies for the inconvenience"

My Problem is on an oppo 203, but also i've read same problem from Sony
Just got my Earbook yesterday. Should have time to test the DVD in my Oppo 103 and Panasonic UB820 this week.

Just my first impressions... excellent surround mix and fidelity. But... musically, I don’t know .... this very much sounds like more of a musical than a rock opera; in other words, it feels like the story and lyrics were more important than the music. Every time it feels like a musical groove should start, characters start singing again. There are a few songs that really rock, though, and I’m happy about that.

Back