Ayreon-Transitus

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my first impressions... excellent surround mix and fidelity. But... musically, I don’t know .... this very much sounds like more of a musical than a rock opera; in other words, it feels like the story and lyrics were more important than the music. Every time it feels like a musical groove should start, characters start singing again. There are a few songs that really rock, though, and I’m happy about that.
Hmmm - I’ve never been a fan of too much singing that prevents a band’s other instruments from getting in a groove. Good feedback!

I love this kind of music. Last year i traveled into the netherlands (Tilbourg) to see and hear Ayreons "Into the elexctric castle - live". Great concert.

20190913_223445.jpg

I received my book copy yesterday. I just love Arjen, I think of him as such a great artist, he uses so much media and always is changing and inventing.
I love getting books with a story that you can follow along while listening and watching. This animated/comic book style reminds me of Rush 2112. The story of two lovers with a tragic death and how they come together, one a ghost, the other a human. I have only got as far as what is called CD1, but can't wait to continue.
The music, visuals, and sound quality is great.
I have to always give a shout out to Jan Bakker for turning me on to Ayreon, loved them all, I highly recommend purchasing with the video content, adds so much more to the experience.
Dank Je! (Thank You in Dutch, I hope)

I received my book copy yesterday. I just love Arjen, I think of him as such a great artist, he uses so much media and always is changing and inventing.
I love getting books with a story that you can follow along while listening and watching. This animated/comic book style reminds me of Rush 2112. The story of two lovers with a tragic death and how they come together, one a ghost, the other a human. I have only got as far as what is called CD1, but can't wait to continue.
The music, visuals, and sound quality is great.
I have to always give a shout out to Jan Bakker for turning me on to Ayreon, loved them all, I highly recommend purchasing with the video content, adds so much more to the experience.
Dank Je! (Thank You in Dutch, I hope)

It does!

Received the earbook version of "Transitus" today. I first put on the dvd to listen to the 5.1 mix. Unfortnately it seems to be a problem with the dvd disc (at least in my package). The disc freezes after the song "This Human Equation". Let's see if anyone else will get this problem when they are receiving their sets.
Same problem. Also using an Oppo.

I ordered the 4 CD + 1 DVD edition through Amazon. The package arrived yesterday. The DVD has the same problem that other users reported. It was working great up to "This Human Equation" after it the DVD stopped. (I was playing the DVD on a sony unit). I tried on my Xbox but I was not able to reproduce the 5.1 mix. Then I tried to play it on My PC with no success :mad:. I have decided to return the product I. already get a refund. End of the problem.

I thought I would write an update on my experience with the surround disc. The first time played it in my Sony there were some problems so I put it in the Oppo where it was even worse freezing and skipping, I examined the disc and could see a mark on it similar to what I had seen described elsewhere (Facebook) I then cleaned the disc with a spectacles wipe and tried it again in the Sony, it has played through without a problem several times now. last night I tried it in the Oppo where again it played right through with no problems. I did report to Mascot and got a reply stating that they where looking into the the problems. So at the moment I'm happy that it has played OK in both my Blu-rays, and I await Mascots findings.

I got this email about the Transitus DVD:

Good news!

This week we received a batch of newly pressed DVDs. After having them tested, these appear to play correct.

We’ll send them out today, and you should receive them soon. Please allow some time for delivery. The postal service is heavily affected by local covid-regulations.

Kind regards,

Marcel

Webstore, Mascot Label Group.

I got this email about the Transitus DVD:

Good news!

This week we received a batch of newly pressed DVDs. After having them tested, these appear to play correct.

We’ll send them out today, and you should receive them soon. Please allow some time for delivery. The postal service is heavily affected by local covid-regulations.

Kind regards,

Marcel

Webstore, Mascot Label Group.
I wonder if these will go out automatically to all those who ordered through the official stores, or only to those who ask?

I haven't requested one yet as I haven't played the disc, but I did order direct from Mascot Records, maybe they'll just send them out, or :unsure: maybe they won't

I haven't requested one yet as I haven't played the disc, but I did order direct from Mascot Records, maybe they'll just send them out, or :unsure: maybe they won't
Yes, I'm curious about this, too. I ordered from Mascot's U.S. store, and there has been no email from them about a replacement disc.

Received from AmazonUS on release date and have finally got around to listening to Transitus and so far I am really enjoying it. 49 minutes in on track 17 and so far so good no playback problems :) Really liking the music (no surprise there, like his style) surround mix is very good sound is good and Dr. Who as narrator is an added other treat! All in all another win for Ayreon.

Saw this thread pop up. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends around the world. We are almost done with 2020, just have to hang tough a few more months, no sense in getting Covid-19 when help is on the way.
I am getting ready for Thanksgiving at 3:00 and sitting having a bowl of cereal while the turkey is cooking.
Listening to Transistus via my stereo Tidal account from the living room streamer. My wife is rolling her 👀 it’s not loud so she should be able to hang.

Checking in again about the replacement disc. Can someone who has both discs describe any physical differences between the two, such as a different label or matrix number?

Checking in again about the replacement disc. Can someone who has both discs describe any physical differences between the two, such as a different label or matrix number?
I purchased the disc book, and didn't know about replacement discs? I have played the discs via my player and all was good, video and sound. What is the problem that is supposed to be?

Back