Backing up 5.1 collection for a dummy

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decrypted the Book Shade (Dear Future Self) Bluray with MKV. Ripped 8 channel to a flac file but.....Oppo UDP.203 doesn't read the flac files, jumping from one to the next file until the end

I decrypted the Book Shade (Dear Future Self) Bluray with MKV. Ripped 8 channel to a flac file but.....Oppo UDP.203 doesn't read the flac files, jumping from one to the next file until the end
Hmm, yeah, my 205 does that occasionally also, forget exactly why, maybe the file name is too long (probably not the cause in this instance) but how are you feeding the Oppo, is it through a network?

You can't create an Atmos flac as there is no Meta data embedded to position the sound 'objects', but I believe you can create a 7.1 flac from the DD core as Atmos is an extension to the core.
Agreed. As a curiosity, let me mention that I asked SFSMedia for a copy of the "Brant: Ice Field" recording in ATMOS and they sent me a 24/28 WAV file in 40 channels!

Hi

My 30 days trial of MakeMKV have expired. I only use this to rip music from blu ray. Before purchase the license is this the best option or there is one better?

Giving makemkv money is worthwhile.
They also have a forum posting that everyone should hsve bookmarked. My money is on Gos already having sent it to you.
Edit: a posting on their forum. Search for makemkv is free while in beta

Hi

My 30 days trial of MakeMKV have expired. I only use this to rip music from blu ray. Before purchase the license is this the best option or there is one better?

MakeMKV is free while in beta - www.makemkv.com new key through January is T-gco77foDGdw0bI6tKKFxDorZSRn12AHy85tDdl1rS6QpUv5p5JFWPEj7e0nYV8iU8o

They software is still beta so every month they update their key for another month or so.........

So just put the new key in every month. Check that section of those forums when your key expires. :SB

Hi.....again

I have 2 surround CD (Nino Rota and Alain Mallet), Wich program (for MacOs) do you use to rip to Flac this format?
What exact format are those CDs? Do they play in a CD player? If yes, then maybe they are copies of encoded surround (like vinyl back in the day)? SQ? QS? CD4?

That's the part to figure out. You can rip them. But you still need to decode them.

There's an old old app called 'Tag' from SBooth that's still free.

I have 2 surround CD (Nino Rota and Alain Mallet), Wich program (for MacOs) do you use to rip to Flac this format?
What exact format are those CDs? Do they play in a CD player? If yes, then maybe they are copies of encoded surround (like vinyl back in the day)? SQ? QS? CD4?

I know the Alain Mallet disc (Mutt Slang, an Elliot Scheiner mix!) is DTS-CD.

Just out of curiosity: can you give us some details about the Nino Rota? I'm a fan of Rota's film music, but I didn't realize there was anything out there in surround.

Back