Barclay James Harvest: Once Again, 3CD/Blu-Ray Remastered & Expanded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I have the 2011 CD/DVD set with the quad mix and it's definitely...interesting. The lead vocals throughout the song "She Said" are completely isolated in the left rear speaker.

My favorite BJH album is “Eyes Of The Universe;” KZAM in Seattle had it in heavy rotation when I lived in Tacoma in the late 70’s. Would love to see Stephen Tayler do a remix in 5.1.
Although I grew up with all the others, I think it's mine as well (it was released late 1979 just after I finished Uni), "Love On The Line" is a great track, really rocks. So if Stephen could do that album, it would be brilliant.

Boooo

1673955015981.png

The new release date is today. I've got the box. Well done Stephen!

And Cherry Red did a nice package. Format is really nice. The booklet contains some nice pictures from the album launch event. The Barclay guys seem that they had a lot of fun.;)
Cherry included the old stereo and quad mix too. The BD offers enough space. And on CD3 the stereo SQ quad mix. Now we have a test-CD for SQ quad decoding!

Finally: The price is ok.

Record Companies
: this is a good example how it should be! Content, quality, package, price.
Not like those giga mega deluxe edition from Rush, Kiss, Pink Floyd (DSOTM 50) and many more. Or lossy crippled surround (Atmos) streams instead of a physical release (Beatles - Revolver !!! Still very disappointing!) .

I had no expectation on this release and the only thing I was quite sure about: the 5.1 mix will be not disappointing.

I like it.

Back