Barclay James Harvest: Once Again, 3CD/Blu-Ray Remastered & Expanded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you extract you should have 3 mkv.
The smallest is the 1971 Stereo, then the 1973 quad and the big 'un is the new Stereo/5.1 Mix
1678296732962.png

Also easy to tell, the new one has extra tracks. (2)
*corrected, thanks sjcorne

Last edited:
Two extra tracks actually, "Too Much On Your Plate" and "White Sails (A Seascape)". Ten songs on the new stereo & 5.1, eight on the discrete quad.

Ok think I got it now one more question:
Is the 1971 stereo in the same place as the 1973 quad.
The top 11.3 gig
Or
Is it at the bottom 9 chapter 6.4 gig?

Ok think I got it now one more question:
Is the 1971 stereo in the same place as the 1973 quad.
The top 11.3 gig
Or
Is it at the bottom 9 chapter 6.4 gig?
Please pardon my possibly naive questions. Also, I don’t own the BJH blu ray.

Anyway, my questions are (1)are you able to rip to bluray.iso, and (2)if so, are you able to access the bluray.iso menu and then select the specific file(s) that you wish to play from that menu? If such a thing is doable with the right software(I know that it is at least doable to make a bluray.iso rip with the right software) then it would allow you to limit yourself to having to do a single, albeit time consuming, iso rip. 🤔

The 71 stereo should be your 3rd file, the 6.4gb
Can you just look at the choices and figure it out with Blu Ray MKV, I can many times, but also many times I can't. DVD and SACD super simple, but BD, ugh.
@esimms86 I guess I am in my groove, set in my ways, although can be frustrating once in awhile.
When ripping blu ray I find the hardest is stereo if there is more than one, like a new stereo vs a flat transfer stereo, when there are no extra tracks. When you tag, and separate, it can be misleading
I could rip the whole thing as you say, and play the video chapters with menu screen, ugh more work.

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
Can you just look at the choices and figure it out with Blu Ray MKV, I can many times, but also many times I can't. DVD and SACD super simple, but BD, ugh.
@esimms86 I guess I am in my groove, set in my ways, although can be frustrating once in awhile.
When ripping blu ray I find the hardest is stereo if there is more than one, like a new stereo vs a flat transfer stereo, when there are no extra tracks. When you tag, and separate, it can be misleading
I could rip the whole thing as you say, and play the video chapters with menu screen, ugh more work.
Thanks for the reply @marpow. Last question: what’s more work, doing the iso rip or having to access the menu each time(or are they both equally unappetizing)? 🤔

Thanks for the reply @marpow. Last question: what’s more work, doing the iso rip or having to access the menu each time(or are they both equally unappetizing)? 🤔
Equally, I'm laughing. We all have our grooves and I know my way is sometimes cave man, but my end result is always stellar, so --

I find bluray much easier than DVD, but everyone has their own quirks and workflow.
1678301167758.png

Turn is super easy. Below are the files I extracted and the content. The new 5.1 and original stereo stick out.
00 The Gold Bug video
01 All the videos in a single file
02 Menu
03 Games People Play video
04 new 5.1 remix
05 Original Stereo
06 Turn Of A Friendly Card video

I find bluray much easier than DVD, but everyone has their own quirks and workflow.
View attachment 89487
Turn is super easy. Below are the files I extracted and the content. The new 5.1 and original stereo stick out.
00 The Gold Bug video
01 All the videos in a single file
02 Menu
03 Games People Play video
04 new 5.1 remix
05 Original Stereo
06 Turn Of A Friendly Card video
Ripping this now, yeah very easy, thanks for your help, I was a little rusty.

I agree that some BDs can be confusing. I tend to rip the whole thing to mkvs - it takes a long time, but it is unattended, so you can just kick it off then do other things while it is processing. Then I play the MKVs in VLC - this usually gives away which are the files I want to rip to flac. Can have a bonus effect: When ripping the Floyd Animals BD I realised that the menu file was actually a quite long ambient remix of the album. I would never have noticed this if I had just gone straight in and ripped the 5.1 album, ignoring the menu and stereo mix.

[Edit: Apologies if this is deemed off-topic. I thought it might be useful to some of the queries above and seeing as it's not a poll thread, thought it would be OK. Happy to delete/ be deleted.]

Last edited:
Back