HiRez Poll bArtMan - bArtMan 3 [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Bartman - BARTMAN 3

• 6 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Bad Fidelity, Bad Surround Bad Content

• Total voters
Wow, no one has weighted in here on this. OK, I have searched and found several people making comments starting here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...dio-bArtMan%B3&p=149070&viewfull=1#post149070

Short answer: Prog fans buy this asap!

Here is an independent musician making an effort, and an excellent effort at that, to mix in surround! The tracks are very discrete - a mix of instrumental and vocal material. The start of the disc sounds almost like late 70's Tangerine Dream - the guitar style reminds me of Edgar Froese (RIP). And in fact the music was made in Germany, but all lyrics are in English.

The music is clear and does not sound compressed to me. Fidelity is excellent! The surround is adventuresome and enjoyable. I gave this a 9, and it may in fact warrant a 10. I am just not very familiar with the music. Am listening to track 8 now - called Only An Illusion - excellent mix and music, worthy of a demo track.

I do not see how a prog fan could lose on this title. For fans of that genre this is not to be missed! That other thread links to samples. Check it out.

The start of the disc sounds almost like late 70's Tangerine Dream - the guitar style reminds me of Edgar Froese (RIP).

Funny... The beginning reminds me a lot of "One of These Days" from Meddle (iirc, need to spin it again). I love the whole album - very good music indeed, and worth buying.

I really like this disc. Music has a lot of Floydish moments, that's a good thing in my book. Only the drumming's not so good in my oppinion. S(urr)oundwise it's pretty good. A 9 from me

Wow, no one has weighted in here on this. OK, I have searched and found several people making comments starting here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...dio-bArtMan%B3&p=149070&viewfull=1#post149070

Short answer: Prog fans buy this asap!

Here is an independent musician making an effort, and an excellent effort at that, to mix in surround! The tracks are very discrete - a mix of instrumental and vocal material. The start of the disc sounds almost like late 70's Tangerine Dream - the guitar style reminds me of Edgar Froese (RIP). And in fact the music was made in Germany, but all lyrics are in English.

The music is clear and does not sound compressed to me. Fidelity is excellent! The surround is adventuresome and enjoyable. I gave this a 9, and it may in fact warrant a 10. I am just not very familiar with the music. Am listening to track 8 now - called Only An Illusion - excellent mix and music, worthy of a demo track.

I do not see how a prog fan could lose on this title. For fans of that genre this is not to be missed! That other thread links to samples. Check it out.

Thanks to you. I'm totally excited for your comments. In this time I have fans in prog rock all over the world, in USA, UK, Germany, Russian, Ukraine ... against the momentary war

We love the music in the 70th. But I cannot copy this emotions. I must feel it. And I try to touch our feelings.

My new album will come in 2015 with the title "Los Gigantes". It includes floydian tracks from the beginning in 70s, the best guitar-track from me ;-) and modern tracks with orchestral instrumentations in warm and full sound. I'm recording the last track momentary.

The new album will come as DVD-Audio and Bluray. The Bluray contains the last 3 albums with new versions. Every customer from the last albums will get a big bonus for the Bluray to get the new versions for free. All dvd-audio since November 2014 include the new versions.

Kind regards at all
from bArtMan

Last edited:
Just realised I'd not voted on this! If you're into melodic Prog you'll like this, good music, nice surround mix, an album that made me smile, a 9 from me :)

I will be ordering the Bartman 5.1 discs shortly!

Just ordered the 2 DVD Audio discs. I will also be ordering the Blu Ray when available. The more prog in 5.1 the better IMO!

Back