HiRez Poll Bass Communion - PACIFIC CODEX [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Bass Communion - PACIFIC CODEX

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I hijacked Neils thread to turn into a poll, as a QQ Member asked for one. Since this is such a strange release, and limited to 975 copies, I did not originally create a poll for this title, as it's not one that generates a lot of conversation, and is not bound to be available again.

But, since Neil was involved, please post your thoughts and comments on this limited edition 2008 DVD-Audio release from Bass Communion.

:-jon

Just a quick note that the next CD/DVD-A from Bass Communion is to be "Pacific Codex".
Again, this is experimental ambience, this time based on Gong Vibrations.

Perhaps not everyone's choice, but I think it is interesting....

I'll be anxious to hear it. Sure hope that the earlier BC with Drugged III and Dwarf Artillery is going to be considered. Very nice and more accessable in terms of repeat listening.

US customers (with weak dollars :eek:) are encouraged to order / reserve their copies directly with the US label Equation Records. At least the shipping should be a lot lower.

BTW 975 numbered copies doesn't seem a lot to me.

$40.48 media mail (extra slow). This will be the first SW DVD-A that I'll skip :( Crappy Bushback, would be better with pesos.

I recommend everyone should endeavor to find audio samples before plunking down that much. Loss had a low repeat listen potential whereas the Bass Communion CD set (with Dwarf Artillery, Drugged III, etc) is quite listenable. You never know.

I recommend everyone should endeavor to find audio samples before plunking down that much.
Or check this quote from Carl Glover (cover designer)
The CD sounds like a soundtrack for a slowly sinking battleship making it's way down the Mariana Trench, whilst experiencing impossible levels of pressure on it's disintegrating hull.

"The CD sounds like a soundtrack for a slowly sinking battleship making it's way down the Mariana Trench, whilst experiencing impossible levels of pressure on it's disintegrating hull." :eek:

Now there is a ringing endorsement! Ouch.

"The CD sounds like a soundtrack for a slowly sinking battleship making it's way down the Mariana Trench, whilst experiencing impossible levels of pressure on it's disintegrating hull." :eek:

Mmm Nice

my copy arrived on saturday and i have not had any time to sling it in the DVD-A player yet.

But kind of looking forward to it, i do like music that is a bit challenging from time to time..

Mmm Nice

my copy arrived on saturday and i have not had any time to sling it in the DVD-A player yet.

But kind of looking forward to it, i do like music that is a bit challenging from time to time..

Is this music to relax/meditate to? I'm interested but my wallet is looking for more information

Dont hold off too long Equation have already sold out of their allotment which only leaves what Headphone dust have left. aparently there are only 975 of these individually numbered worldwide.

untill someone says they have #976 or above !!!:rolleyes:

Seems like a very good analogy to what i have heard so far

Is this music to relax/meditate to? I'm interested but my wallet is looking for more information

Do you like your surround speakers bass tested to distruction. Its not something i can relax to. Its interesting as a soundscape rather than as music.
Mind you i only listened to part one so far maybe part two will introdue some more 'musical' elements, i use music in the broadest possible sence here.

Its not to everyones tastes thats for sure and not much like 'Loss' either.

Now where is that next Porcupine Tree release

Okay, I've listened to part one and it isn't as harsh as I was expecting. To be sure, this is not music. The "gong" like quality of many of the sounds combined with full-range speakers for my fronts and surrounds along with a SVS subwoofer make this almost a fairly aggressive (but for me not harsh) sonic massage. I actually am looking forward to listening to part two. I found myself really relaxed after part one. I keep coming back to the sonic massage description.

Now, I would not recommend this disc at this price to many people at all. Frankly, I'm still not that pleased given the cost I paid. For 25 bucks, I'd be fairly happy.

This title is now completely sold out - all 975 copies gone.
Anyone who did manage to get a copy should hang onto it, as it will not be reprinted.....

Neil,
Not even as a standalone disc without all the extra packaging and stuff ?.

i should count myself lucky.

Last edited:
Back