Battles release multi-tracks (featuring Jon Anderson of YES)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popshop

800 Club - QQ All-Star
https://rmx.bttls.com/
Battles have been a pretty interesting and evolving band for a decade or so. Today they released the stems of their new album.
Sort of poppy dance music for nerds and musicians? Drummer was in Helmet, instrumentalist was in Don Caballero. Lots of live looping and complicated rhythms.
I haven't heard this new album but really like the previous two. They don't have any surround mixes... but they are about to if anyone wants to play around!
(Jon Anderson sings on the song Sugar Foot...I know - only one song - - but if that wasn't in the headline no one here would care, haha)
:51QQ

https://rmx.bttls.com/
Battles have been a pretty interesting and evolving band for a decade or so. Today they released the stems of their new album.
Sort of poppy dance music for nerds and musicians? Drummer was in Helmet, instrumentalist was in Don Caballero. Lots of live looping and complicated rhythms.
I haven't heard this new album but really like the previous two. They don't have any surround mixes... but they are about to if anyone wants to play around!
(Jon Anderson sings on the song Sugar Foot...I know - only one song - - but if that wasn't in the headline no one here would care, haha)
:51QQ

That's cool. The only album of theirs I know is Gloss Drop, which came out just after founding member Tyondai Braxton (son of Anthony Braxton) had left. Back then they were still regarded as the quintessential "MathRock" band, although they don't like that label. Hmm...who among the QQ regulars has the training and/or experience to mix from stems...?

SORRY. After downloading them I see that the vocals aren't included. It looks like the concept is more about the innerds of the songs, not the complete songs. Damn, still cool but less cool. My apologies.
Files are 88/24 wavs, FYI. This would be perfect for folks who use Ableton Push or something like that.

Tyondai Braxton has been in the news recently for his major new work Telekinesis, "an eighty-seven-piece work for electric guitars, orchestra, choir and electronics." Studio recording is out November 11th on Nonesuch and New Amsterdam.
Throughout the recording and production process, Braxton sought to “create an environment where electronic instruments and acoustic instruments coexist in a place that feels balanced and organic.” To achieve that, the orchestra, choir, and electronics were tracked section by section at Oktaven Audio in Mt Vernon, New York from August 2021 to March 2022 by engineer Ryan Streber. This allowed for a hyper-detailed mix session with Seth Manchester at Machines with Magnets in Pawtucket, RI. As a studio recording, the mix recreates how an orchestra would be placed (with some exceptions) but is exaggerated in its width and in the closeness and depth of certain instruments surrounding the listener.
Does this mean it will have an Atmos mix? If so, then please god tell me that Nonesuch didn't assign it to Alan JS Han!
https://www.nonesuch.com/journal/watch-tyondai-braxton-telekinesis-album-preview-video-2022-10-14

Back