Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to order this one, sampled the tunes; and just not my Cup 'o Joe. Sounds too Glammy like Mott the Hoople or something. Save my coinage for a certain special broth of “cabeza de cabra” 🐐

I see others received their box set with one or more discs not secured in the inner pockets thus resulting in discs that are all scratched to heck? I bought mine from importcds. The package as a whole arrived in perfect sealed condition except for 2 discs rattling around inside. In my case cd 2 and the dvd. Was told to go back to the record co. and request replacements. Does anybody have a email for Cherry Red/Esoteric other than [email protected]? I sent an email to them about this problem with proof of purchase but have received no reply? I think it's only fair to request new replacements for these discs which obviously weren't packaged properly at the factory level.

I see others received their box set with one or more discs not secured in the inner pockets thus resulting in discs that are all scratched to heck? I bought mine from importcds. The package as a whole arrived in perfect sealed condition except for 2 discs rattling around inside. In my case cd 2 and the dvd. Was told to go back to the record co. and request replacements. Does anybody have a email for Cherry Red/Esoteric other than [email protected]? I sent an email to them about this problem with proof of purchase but have received no reply? I think it's only fair to request new replacements for these discs which obviously weren't packaged properly at the factory level.
All Good here direct from cherry red

Mark Powell (with Esoteric Recordings) has confirmed the release of the final BeBop Deluxe album “Drastic Plastic” in 5.1 surround, out within the first few months of 2021!

CEC14819-A3AF-4BFF-BF08-8F266560F227.jpeg

@rtbluray "Drastic Plastic " coming in surround is good news , thanks Ryan .

At present I have only 4 tracks from" Drastic Plastic" broadcast on the Alan Freeman show from Feb 1978 in BBC Matrix HJ which is a "Tony Wilson Quad Creation " .
So I'll be looking forward to this release for certain . :)
From what I remember it was a great album that I used to have (coloured vinyl ) , ..................................................and the 4 BBC Quad HJ tracks certainly are.

Stoked for this one, Drastic was my first exposure to BBD and still remains an all time favourite.
Reminds me to get Axe Victim, been dragging my feet on that one

Back