Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's affordable I will get it but hopefully Drastic Plastic comes soon , maybe Fall .

I think Bill Nelson and Bebop Deluxe are somewhat underated . I'm on Duncan's wavelength here ......I like 'em .:)

Hopefully more will come soon for this greedy quadro-phile . And maybe coloured vinyl too ...oh er a make that coloured cd/dvd/bd.

And speaking of soon , everyone stay calm , just a bit of flu you know. Tune out your fn news and watch your comedy shows.

Like I say just a bit...........
20200315_090302.jpg

Reactions: PK
Just to be honest here, I think what I find hard to swallow are the vocals. Not sure why, I just find them annoying. haha....ahem.
For me that's a little like going to a great burger joint and ordering...fish! Now the fish may be ok but the burger is fantastic...In other words, it's the guitar that keeps the people coming back :) That said, I first listened to them back in the 70's so it's not the same as hearing a band that's new to me. The vocals might bug me too if I didn't have a history with the music. Maybe it'll grow on you (y)

Eastwood's Bill Nelson Guitar Guide

Dang. Unfortunately I only saw them once...and they got blown off the stage by the opening act! (IMO)...and I love me some BBD...maybe just not a great pairing of bands:unsure:
I saw Be Bop Deluxe 1974-76 don't think I saw them after that as I went of to Uni in 76 and as far as I recall they never played in the city, didn't see Tom Petty until the 1978 Knebworth Festival (Genesis headlined) and :eek: I must confess I remember nothing of their set :whistle:

I saw Be Bop Deluxe 1974-76 don't think I saw them after that as I went of to Uni in 76 and as far as I recall they never played in the city, didn't see Tom Petty until the 1978 Knebworth Festival (Genesis headlined) and :eek: I must confess I remember nothing of their set :whistle:
Saw Genesis a few times...the Pope could have been there and all I'd remember was the Chester-Phil drum duet!:ROFLMAO:

Is this among the better albums? I like sunburst. Glad I have it. I sat out the next two though!
IMO, Axe Victim is fantastic and that’s mainly due to Nelson’s insane guitar work. It’s their first album, and features Nelson with 3 musicians that didn’t make it to their second album, Futurama. The overall band sound may not be as fully developed or sophisticated as what was to come on Futurama, but it’s an incredible outing nonetheless. I hope that Stephen Thayer let his freak flag fly on this mix - especially No Trains To Heaven, which features Bill absolutely ripping on a 6:38 multi-tracked guitar extravaganza!

My copy has just arrived (along with the Kansas 5.1) but it'll go on the too listen too pile (which I'm trying to reduce) but lots of conference calls interfering with me being able to listen to music (I like to listen to an album in one go, not a song here, there, etc.)!

I went to importcds to check my order. My order had a tracking number and according to the tracking number, the tracking number was created at the stroke of midnight on 7-16. Hot dog!

Back