Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy from Importcds came today! I will listen to it tonight. This will be my first time ever hearing this album! I've been doing this with these Be Bop Deluxe reissues for the exception of Sunburst Finish. I bought that on cd many years ago, so I was familiar with that one. Futurama and Modern Music I didn't hear them until I got the deluxe version.

My copy from Importcds came today! I will listen to it tonight. This will be my first time ever hearing this album! I've been doing this with these Be Bop Deluxe reissues for the exception of Sunburst Finish. I bought that on cd many years ago, so I was familiar with that one. Futurama and Modern Music I didn't hear them until I got the deluxe version.
Now you see the completetist in me has meant I have had to order all of these to look nice on the shelf when its finally built

I gotta get myself a copy of this...I have been a supporter of the Maestro for years, I do not buy ALL of his releases but I do have several DOZEN, including some that are RIDICULOUSLY expensive now!!!

I just received my copy today from Deep Discount. Their price is $54.68 and with their current 15% off discount [coupon code: Sunshine], the price would be $46.48 with FREE s/h + local sales tax. Unfortunately, NOW on back order status.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/axe-victim-expanded-and-remastered-edition-incl-dvd/5013929471580
For comparison, AmazonUS' current price is $79 + tax

https://www.amazon.com/Axe-Victim-E...music&sprefix=axe+victim,movies-tv,146&sr=1-1

I just received my copy today from Deep Discount. Their price is $54.68 and with their current 15% off discount [coupon code: Sunshine], the price would be $46.48 with FREE s/h + local sales tax. Unfortunately, NOW on back order status.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/axe-victim-expanded-and-remastered-edition-incl-dvd/5013929471580
For comparison, AmazonUS' current price is $79 + tax

https://www.amazon.com/Axe-Victim-E...music&sprefix=axe+victim,movies-tv,146&sr=1-1

See THAT was the price I was looking for!!!!
Merci monsieur!

My set arrived with discs 2 and 4 unmoored from their slots. The DVD is pretty scratched up, but I ripped the DTS mix successfully and played the first song on my player. I really hate the cardboard slot design.

Three of the four discs in AXE VICTIM were dislodged from their slots and while the DTS 5.1 remix was intact, I noticed a freeze on the lossless 96/24 Stereo remaster. I put the disc under running water and sponged it with dawn liquid and carefully dried if off and it played fine. Agree, those slots are BS!

My set arrived with discs 2 and 4 unmoored from their slots. The DVD is pretty scratched up, but I ripped the DTS mix successfully and played the first song on my player. I really hate the cardboard slot design.
I had two discs out of their slot. I dislike the cardboard slot too.

Mine arrived exactly like yours. The slot for the DVD appears to never have been opened, almost as if CD2 and the DVD were just thrown in there loose. Keep the damn postcards and give us a secure disc storage method! These slotted things are probably the worst I've seen in any deluxe set. Fortunately, the DVD plays without issue. I was unfamiliar with this album, and after a so-so first track, the mix started to open up nicely. After one listen, I can say I like the music and the mix. But it'll take a few more spins to really form an opinion on it.

Love the music & mix - HATE the packaging! They could fit ALL the content on a single Blu-ray. The 8x10 glossies, poster and book are superfluous. The flimsy cardboard folder that holds the 4 discs in perforated slits is not worthy of a $50 package. This type of packaging requires full hand assembly - rendering it overpriced and subject to human error - like the two discs that apparently were just tossed in unsecured.

I still 'love' [loathe] the way they include the Stereo remix in LOSSLESS LPCM and relegate the DTS/DD 5.1 mix to LOSSY codecs .... as if the surround mix is an afterthought....instead of the MAIN EVENT!

Last edited:
Amazon has it for 53.64.

yeah but you’re likely to get it with all four corners smashed because they just throw shit into an oversized box with no padding or packing material. Fuck Amazon

It's actually coming from Import CDs.
I have never, ever had a bad shipment experience from Amazon.
Must be your karma. lol

Uh no. Everything Amazon ships is never never packed properly. Ever order an LP from them? Might as well frisbee it from the warehouse to the truck then frisbee from truck to the house.

Uh no. Everything Amazon ships is never never packed properly. Ever order an LP feom them? Might as well frisbee it from the warehouse to the truck then frisbee from truck to the house.

I wouldn't fault Amazon on this. The slots provided in the AXE VICTIM package were ridiculously flimsy as three out of four of my discs were dislodged and some of those slots appeared to never have been opened in the first place so I'd blame THAT on whoever packed those discs AT THE MANUFACTURING LEVEL!

Back