Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

I know Stephen can’t comment on his recent projects and I understand and respect that. But my guess would be that one of them is UK’s first album.
Hi there!! I am so frequently asked about this - I have wanted to do this for at least 15 years believe it or not - but the multitrack tapes cannot be found. It would be a dream for me to revisit it - but let's hope the tapes turn up one day...... SWT

SHB

Hi there!! I am so frequently asked about this - I have wanted to do this for at least 15 years believe it or not - but the multitrack tapes cannot be found. It would be a dream for me to revisit it - but let's hope the tapes turn up one day...... SWT
Who knows... maybe in the near future those tapes will show up “in the dead of night.”

svengaleekie

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Mine came this morning, I have only played the first DVD so far I the mix by Stephen W Tayler is great, it's discrete there is panning and circling going on, sound choices are 5.1 DD or DTS and LPCM stereo. on screen there is constant movement. The set includes 4 Cds, 2 DVDs 4 photos a replica poster and tour program and a book with the story of the making of the album, lyrics and pictures
Drastic.jpg

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Mine came this morning, I have only played the first DVD so far I the mix by Stephen W Tayler is great, it's discrete there is panning and circling going on, sound choices are 5.1 DD or DTS and LPCM stereo. on screen there is constant movement. The set includes 4 Cds, 2 DVDs 4 photos a replica poster and tour program and a book with the story of the making of the album, lyrics and pictures
View attachment 63752.
Mine turned up so its gone on the to listen to mountain 😖 a bit busy but work does feed the hobby but the mountain grows bigger

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Mine turned up so its gone on the to listen to mountain 😖 a bit busy but work does feed the hobby but the mountain grows bigger
That’s one of the nice things about being old age pensioner - I too have a mountain of new acquisitions, but it’s more of a “what’s new that needs another listen” pile as opposed to your mountain. :smokin!!!

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter

Which_One_Is_Pink

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Today some Drastic Plastic has found it's way into my Oppo and the Plastic is Drastically good!
Probably been a couple of decades since I've played this but on the up side as much as I remember loving it (along with all the Bebops and the Bills) with the 5.1 mixes it's like Deja vu all over again for the first time only better! I know it is probably to much to expect but I hope Live! In The Air Age gets the Deluxe treatment in 5.1 (or even a 2.0 Deluxe 96/24 upgrade would be welcome) along with Bill's Red Noise, anything after that would just be gravy (y) I am Up to Dangerous Stranger so far and really digging it :dance

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Got my confirmation too
Just hope I don’t get whacked for import charges as I did on the last two BBD boxes I ordered
When I lived in BC, I never really minded paying the $1 or 2 of tax if I bought a cd...it was the $5 "processing" fee that the post office charged that really got my back up.