Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Stephen W Tayler on behalf of myself and the other mods here on this site, let me just say what an AMAZING privilege it is that you have joined us here on QQ!
I for one have really enjoyed all of your Be Bop Deluxe 5.1 mixes so far and I definitely am looking forward to the other amazing things you have in store for us in the future!

:)

@Stephen W Tayler on behalf of myself and the other mods here on this site, let me just say what an AMAZING privilege it is that you have joined us here on QQ!
I for one have really enjoyed all of your Be Bop Deluxe 5.1 mixes so far and I definitely am looking forward to the other amazing things you have in store for us in the future!

:)
It's a pleasure to be here - I have been watching for a while but thought it was time to join in!! and yes there is something really important due for release later this year - not allowed to say yet!
SWT

I wish I was in a position to say what I have been working on, and what is in the pipeline - but I cannot divulge just yet - all I can say is there are some incredible re-issues coming soon! SWTx

You sir, are a legend in my home! I've enjoyed the Be Bop releases, but Drastic Plastic is the one. My favorite Be Bop album - finally! Any advantage to buying from you direct, rather than Amazon it?

I know you can't answer, but I'll mention it anyway - if I sell my soul, perhaps Red Noise will get this treatment too? Wow, Sound on Sound is a GREAT album. And of course, there's actually one other Be Bop album - Live in the Air Age. Probably asking too much - but believe me, you can take my money if they ever become a reality.

Finally - thanks to everyone at Cherry for these releases, they're enough to make a grown man cry. I never thought Id' see anything like this. I'm so glad to have been wrong!

It's a pleasure to be here - I have been watching for a while but thought it was time to join in!! and yes there is something really important due for release later this year - not allowed to say yet!
SWT
you know you are more than welcome here...
As it is, I know it's a bit selfish but I'd like to think that I was one little grain of sand that made Maestro Nelson start his reissues with a SURROUND Mix...please say Hi to him and Emi...
Cheers!

Important day!
As I finish one amazing mix project and start another - Drastic Plastic turns up!
View attachment 63436
TURN UP! I own and cherish ALL of your work on the Be-Bop Deluxe canon. It's been a pleasure to experience your journey. I am SO STOKED for Drastic Plastic . . . and whatever the future holds! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

I know Stephen can’t comment on his recent projects and I understand and respect that. But my guess would be that one of them is UK’s first album.
Hi there!! I am so frequently asked about this - I have wanted to do this for at least 15 years believe it or not - but the multitrack tapes cannot be found. It would be a dream for me to revisit it - but let's hope the tapes turn up one day...... SWT

Hi there!! I am so frequently asked about this - I have wanted to do this for at least 15 years believe it or not - but the multitrack tapes cannot be found. It would be a dream for me to revisit it - but let's hope the tapes turn up one day...... SWT
Who knows... maybe in the near future those tapes will show up “in the dead of night.”

Mine came this morning, I have only played the first DVD so far I the mix by Stephen W Tayler is great, it's discrete there is panning and circling going on, sound choices are 5.1 DD or DTS and LPCM stereo. on screen there is constant movement. The set includes 4 Cds, 2 DVDs 4 photos a replica poster and tour program and a book with the story of the making of the album, lyrics and pictures
Drastic.jpg

Mine came this morning, I have only played the first DVD so far I the mix by Stephen W Tayler is great, it's discrete there is panning and circling going on, sound choices are 5.1 DD or DTS and LPCM stereo. on screen there is constant movement. The set includes 4 Cds, 2 DVDs 4 photos a replica poster and tour program and a book with the story of the making of the album, lyrics and pictures
View attachment 63752.
Mine turned up so its gone on the to listen to mountain 😖 a bit busy but work does feed the hobby but the mountain grows bigger

Mine turned up so its gone on the to listen to mountain 😖 a bit busy but work does feed the hobby but the mountain grows bigger
That’s one of the nice things about being old age pensioner - I too have a mountain of new acquisitions, but it’s more of a “what’s new that needs another listen” pile as opposed to your mountain. :smokin!!!

Back