JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I was just scanning eBay surround stuff. I don't do it much anymore. Found some guy selling Beatle BluRays "from Japan". LOL

I hope this is not one of us. I mean, more power to ya', but really. An infinite supply?
Very nice job on the graphics, I have to admit! :) Let the buyer beware.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beatles-BluRay-Hi-Resolution-7-1-Surround-Sound-HELP-Audiophile-Test-Mix-/352356384346?_sop=3&_pgn=1&hash=item520a13be5a:g:LU4AAOSwn4da-3J3&_sacat=11233&_nkw=surround&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&nma=true&si=oYS0MZJPvy77%2FcCRZR50ZTH2Nbg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And 7.1, no less. STINKS of bootlegs!

~dave~~wave~

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Beatle boots were a big deal when I was in seventh grade, but my mom wouldn't buy them for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatle_boot

800px-Beatle_boots.png

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
If you look at the seller ratings and more importantly what he sold...you will see he has sold quite a few of them and only one guy is complaining about it...and I bet he didn't send his back either..that tells me they must be pretty good "non official" versions:D

salsdali

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I hope this is not one of us. I mean, more power to ya', but really. An infinite supply?

The listing shows a pic of a Verbatim BD-R

It's illegal to sell "unauthorized" recordable discs on ebay, especially as a "New" item. I have no idea how he's been able to get away with it for so long (2000+ transactions).

Only copyright owners or their licensees are allowed to list copies of their products on recordable media, such as MP3s, flash drives, CD-Rs, and DVD-Rs.

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Because in my experience ebay don't remove a listing for a pirated item if I report it.

I've had better luck, though my reason has never been for counterfeiting, but for claiming a slab of vinyl to be in much better shape than the photo made clear, and the seller's refusal or non-response about modifying his claim.

ED :)

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I wonder if the seller will eventually get caught. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is being watched now so they can make a case out of a certain amount of copies he sold. Also, those buyers are going down with him because, frankly, they should know better too. :eek:o_O

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I wonder if the seller will eventually get caught. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is being watched now so they can make a case out of a certain amount of copies he sold. Also, those buyers are going down with him because, frankly, they should know better too. :eek:o_O

What makes you say that the buyers are going down with him? Usually, the prosecutors go for the big fish. Amazing that he includes a photograph of what is clearly a Bluray-R and hasn't gotten un-Ebayed yet.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

LOL...are you serious?..you think someone that purchases these will "go down"...let me tell you a dirty little secret...nobody is going down for selling these on Ebay...the record companies could care less about this...and that is a fact...they used to be concerned about the large scale operations that mass produced copies like the Beatles mono and stereo box sets....but those professional outlets are usually based in foreign countries and are difficult to prosecute...I'm not trying to make fun of you but selling a few bootlegs on Ebay isn't going to land you in a CIA black site...you get more extreme reactions on here because of the members who were associated with the music industry...at one time it was a big deal...but not these type of mom and pop examples...and not at this time(2018)..

If you think that is a crime that would be prosecuted...then people on here should be concerned about the How to posts and threads about defeating copy protection from commercial discs...regardless of the intent...why don't you contact the record company and see what happens...I doubt you would even receive a response...of course the Beatles trust is probably down to their last 100 million...so who knows:D

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
What makes you say that the buyers are going down with him? Usually, the prosecutors go for the big fish. Amazing that he includes a photograph of what is clearly a Bluray-R and hasn't gotten un-Ebayed yet.
Oh, c’mon! Are you really asking this? At a absolute minimum, they could get a fine. I’m no lawyer but I play one on tv. ;)

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
LOL...are you serious?..you think someone that purchases these will "go down"...let me tell you a dirty little secret...nobody is going down for selling these on Ebay...the record companies could care less about this...and that is a fact...they used to be concerned about the large scale operations that mass produced copies like the Beatles mono and stereo box sets....but those professional outlets are usually based in foreign countries and are difficult to prosecute...I'm not trying to make fun of you but selling a few bootlegs on Ebay isn't going to land you in a CIA black site...you get more extreme reactions on here because of the members who were associated with the music industry...at one time it was a big deal...but not these type of mom and pop examples...and not at this time(2018)..

If you think that is a crime that would be prosecuted...then people on here should be concerned about the How to posts and threads about defeating copy protection from commercial discs...regardless of the intent...why don't you contact the record company and see what happens...I doubt you would even receive a response...of course the Beatles trust is probably down to their last 100 million...so who knows:D
Oy vey! :rolleyes:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

That should tell you all you need to know...he's open about what he is doing...no deception...and your point about "big fish"...there aren't any in this example...more like several minnows...for someone to prosecute something like this would be like trying to bust some young kids for operating a lemonade stand without a business license....some people on here are sensitive to this type of activity..but in the real world..especially the business world...this wouldn't even be a blip on any business radar...

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
That should tell you all you need to know...he's open about what he is doing...no deception...and your point about "big fish"...there aren't any in this example...more like several minnows...for someone to prosecute something like this would be like trying to bust some young kids for operating a lemonade stand without a business license....some people on here are sensitive to this type of activity..but in the real world..especially the business world...this wouldn't even be a blip on any business radar...
All the same, I still like you. ;):LOL::love:

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This, right here, tells me the kind of person you are. Originally, I wrote this long rebuttal but changed my mind and asked myself, why bother? [rhetorical]

All the same, I still like you. ;):LOL::love:

Well thanks for still liking me...I guess...I just think it's a little hypocritical for some people to take a stand on some issues and violate others...if you are going to try to right a wrong..don't be selective in which wrongs you intend on correcting but some people who try to equate these ebay copies to some major crime wave just make me laugh...sorry....I'm sure they never do anything "illegal"..like buying some music on a site that doesn't charge you tax..I'm sure these good citizens pay the tax as required by their state laws...so that is the kind of person I am...one that mocks the inconsistent actions...and you can quote me on that:D