Beatle BluRay Boots

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Regardless, you have to admit that a lot of people are curious as to what these "7.1" remixes of Revolver and Rubber Soul would sound like. Nowhere Man in 5.1 on Yellow Submarine and the remixed stereo on Songtrack are possibly examples of what most of it may sound like...It's better than the original stereo mixes but weird with the vocals coming from all around and everything else in front-center. On the other hand, if they did the same job as Help 5.1, these remixes could sound fantastic.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
One more thing. Years back there was a fellow on Ebay selling CD-R's of the MoFi Beatles albums. The four albums that were released on CD only in mono were his main sales given that there were no stereo versions of these albums yet availble on CD. He eventually got run out of town...listings removed and seller banned from Ebay.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Regardless, you have to admit that a lot of people are curious as to what these "7.1" remixes of Revolver and Rubber Soul would sound like. Nowhere Man in 5.1 on Yellow Submarine and the remixed stereo on Songtrack are possibly examples of what most of it may sound like...It's better than the original stereo mixes but weird with the vocals coming from all around and everything else in front-center. On the other hand, if they did the same job as Help 5.1, these remixes could sound fantastic.

The interesting thing about this seller is how favorable his seller rating are for those products...and of course buyers know they aren't official...he's making it clear that they aren't by showing the disc...whoever designed the cover art(which is pretty good)isn't an English speaker by default...it's not his native language...you can tell by the statement on the cover..."This product has been produced is for personal viewing. Use has been limited to watching only in private"..that's not the sentence structure and word useage of an English speaking person...

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
One more thing. Years back there was a fellow on Ebay selling CD-R's of the MoFi Beatles albums. The four albums that were released on CD only in mono were his main sales given that there were no stereo versions of these albums yet availble on CD. He eventually got run out of town...listings removed and seller banned from Ebay.

Probably got tarred and feathered too:eek:...I bet those copies sucked and he got a ton of complaints which probably had more to do with his ouster from ebay than the legitimacy of the discs:geek:

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
All rise for Judge Judy!!! :eek:

A0NzwfC.jpeg

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

Probably got tarred and feathered too:eek:...I bet those copies sucked and he got a ton of complaints which probably had more to do with his ouster from ebay than the legitimacy of the discs:geek:

Actually, they sounded very good. Not as good as the MoFi vinyl of course, but definitely on par with commercial redbook CDs.

Neb-Maat-Re

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Because in my experience ebay don't remove a listing for a pirated item if I report it.

Unless their policy has changed, eBay will only remove the item if the copyright holder complains ... and then they have to go through a few hoops to prove that they are the copyright holder.

Having said that, Paul's people used to be all over suppressing stuff like this.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I want to take a moment to make a public apology to Clint. Clint, I’m sorry! I’ve edited Post #18 to reflect a statement I made to you. It was out of line and uncalled for. I try very hard to watch my comments made directly towards QQ members and I slipped here.

Not necessary...we are just 2 passionate people...I didn't think anything about it...we both have strong feelings...and there is nothing wrong with that my friend...it happens when a lot of alpha dogs are enclosed in one area...someone usually gets bitten:D

Saskatoon10

I’ve actually listened to all of them and have been extremely impressed with the quality sound they have. You have the choice of a mono mix, a stereo mix and, most importantly, a surround mix @ either 5.1 or 7.1 depending on the disc. Most of the surround mixes are a revelation and I really do hear different info from the rear channels than the front with distinct separation of vocals and instruments most of the time. The “Hey Jude” Blu-ray believe it or not, is my favorite. This eBayer is simply offering to collectors something that the record company refuses to offer. These are my go to discs when listening to the Beatles. If the record companies don’t like it, then they should release them legitimately! I really love the surround on all these discs! It’s actually a lot of fun to listen to them 😃

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I’ve actually listened to all of them and have been extremely impressed with the quality sound they have. You have the choice of a mono mix, a stereo mix and, most importantly, a surround mix @ either 5.1 or 7.1 depending on the disc. Most of the surround mixes are a revelation and I really do hear different info from the rear channels than the front with distinct separation of vocals and instruments most of the time. The “Hey Jude” Blu-ray believe it or not, is my favorite. This eBayer is simply offering to collectors something that the record company refuses to offer. These are my go to discs when listening to the Beatles. If the record companies don’t like it, then they should release them legitimately! I really love the surround on all these discs! It’s actually a lot of fun to listen to them 😃

Welcome to the forum:hi..I agree with you...the reality is that in a few years record companies will be a shell of what they once were....young artists and veterans don't need record companies anymore...there are other platforms to release music and the younger fans don't listen to conventional radio anymore and physical discs are near the end...the control over artists will be a thing of the past...with all the computer aided equipment you don't need a big studio to produce music and seasoned veterans can just tour...which is where they were making their money anyway...

From what I see from this guy is just someone who loves surround music and he's not making much money off of these because he isn't the one making them....and like I have said before on here...a lot of people on here break rules all the time so I don't think it's appropriate to throw stones when you live in the glass house...just ask Billy Joel....anyway …..I hope you become active on here...there are a lot of people who share our opinion on matters like this...and it is a great group of posters and lot's of information...