Beatle BluRay Boots

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Philip Spinner

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I’ve actually listened to all of them and have been extremely impressed with the quality sound they have. You have the choice of a mono mix, a stereo mix and, most importantly, a surround mix @ either 5.1 or 7.1 depending on the disc. Most of the surround mixes are a revelation and I really do hear different info from the rear channels than the front with distinct separation of vocals and instruments most of the time. The “Hey Jude” Blu-ray believe it or not, is my favorite. This eBayer is simply offering to collectors something that the record company refuses to offer. These are my go to discs when listening to the Beatles. If the record companies don’t like it, then they should release them legitimately! I really love the surround on all these discs! It’s actually a lot of fun to listen to them 😃
My favorite is "Hey Jude". Reminds me of the Imagine release. The album itself has a fairly tame quad mix but the alternate tracks that followed I thought were incredible. Very discreet and I heard little things I've never heard before. A keeper for me. Perhaps this mix has been released before but I've never heard it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Most of you know how I feel about these "unofficial" editions being sold on the open market...I have no problem with it...along with upmixes….bootleg editions of various bands have been going on for years...it's part of the culture and have actually motivated record companies to release the titles...but there is one distinction I make...and it's for a good reason...although this thread topic deals with blu ray versions...I want to show you an example which I do have a problem with...it's with THIS listing which isn't a blu ray....it's the CD set...this hits home for me because in 2011 I bought a "fake" from an amazon 3rd party seller...the seller was innocent and they were taken advantage of too...at the time... a poster had provided a detailed description of what to look for in the "fake" box set...and let me tell you...it wasn't obvious things...the color was off a little and the discs were different...but there weren't obvious spelling errors that one could spot.. so I returned it to amazon and bought one from amazon direct and it was legit...it was a well known incident on the internet on this box set and the fakes...most of them came from China...but it was suspected that the actual production facility was in the Philippines..this was no mom and pop operation...more than likely it was funded by a crime syndicate...

Since it became such public knowledge in 2009...for the most part they disappeared...but now it appears they are back...9 years later and a lower profile with different goals...it's not about making money directly from the sale of the music...it's the sale of information....this listing is selling the box set for $35.36 and FREE shipping from China...how much would shipping alone cost for something of that weight....what they are getting from the buyers is their information...their name and a confirmed address and they are aware you have a pay pal account...either they are the indentity thieves or they sell the lists to them....I know this because I bought a fake item from Russia...which I knew was fake...but I had no idea they would be able to use my information to penetrate my Ebay account and posted an item for sale that didn't belong to me with the proceeds to be directed to them via pay pal....I stopped it because I check my listings several times a day...

If you wonder why bands put a lot of useless trinkets in these box sets... it's in part a way to stop illegal box sets...it requires a lot to make identical copies of all these things...almost impossible in some sets...

Philip Spinner

My favorite is Let it Be. Reminds me of the Imagine release. The album itself has a fairly tame quad mix but the alternate tracks that followed I thought were incredible. Very discreet and I heard little things I've never heard before. A keeper for me. Perhaps this mix has been released before but I've never heard it.
Since I was in a lot of pain yesterday and taking pain killers I totally screwed up my previous post. i meant to say Hey Jude, not Let It Be.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I hope this guy pulls his "Japan Only" BluRay's of the white album from eBay. It's one thing to make up a story about finding them in Japan, and it's one thing to seem to have unlimited copies of all of the Beatles albums on BluRay, and it's one thing to come up with amazing 7.1 audio of all of the released Beatles albums, but now that there is an OFFICIAL BluRay of The White Album, selling this mystery of the Orient (can I still say that?) disc on eBay or anywhere else should not be happening. Same with Pepper.

Your opinions may vary.

PS - The whole "It's only available in an expensive box" does not apply to this argument. It's not right.

Franklin

Orient (can I still say that?)

I once got told off on another forum for listing fake definitions for terms that were used on the site, one being that obi stood for Oriental Bits Inside. No problem with the word - it just means eastern doesn't it?

Last edited:

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Beatle boots were a big deal when I was in seventh grade, but my mom wouldn't buy them for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatle_boot

800px-Beatle_boots.png
Good one! better than the two Q's!! Woolworths sold them and Beatle wigs,