Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be very expensive to collect all the fragmented releases.
There will be the movie/doco Part 1, 2, 3 [eventually on DVD hopefully in good time], and then the various cd's, lp's, DVDA's, then the book. All available as individual items.
All adding up considerably.

They have not stated either way if the docuseries will be Disney+ Premier Access. But to date, that's only been with full-length motion pictures, not series, even if they're limited. But we will see, it could go either way.

Disney + Premier Access? Wow, now THAT is going too far. I mean, I like Disney +, if for no other reason than The Mandolorian. But charging a monthly subscription, then later saying a new higher tier is required for the "good stuff"? C'mon!!!!! This is getting ridiculous.

Magical Mystery Tour has some pretty good outtakes and unreleased material that could make a box as worthy as the SPLHCB box, and deep down, Apple knows we would buy a new MMT surround mix, especially if it's better. Maybe add the Yellow Submarine songs and associated tracks, market the whole box as the Psychedelic Psynema Pstuff.

Disney + Premier Access? Wow, now THAT is going too far. I mean, I like Disney +, if for no other reason than The Mandolorian. But charging a monthly subscription, then later saying a new higher tier is required for the "good stuff"? C'mon!!!!! This is getting ridiculous.

The marketing strategy seems to be, 'Suck them in first and then cut out a pound of flesh later.' I'm hoping that they will switch it straight to non-premier Disney+ after some period of time. They have done that with other movies.

The movie dates, Nov 25, 26, 27 is Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving weekend. I assume there will be multiple showings beyond those dates, but I can't say for sure. I don't think you can pre record on Disney+?
My biggest fear is that it is a one time showing and if you miss it, then you miss it?
In the meantime I got this CD that didn't charge me an arm and leg.
71xtrzYnfHL._SX522_.jpg

Where have you been for the last year? They first did this with Mulan like Sept 2020. They've done it with 5 or 6 other films since then.

Where have you been for the last year? They first did this with Mulan like Sept 2020. They've done it with 5 or 6 other films since then.
Where have I been? Not buying streamed films, that's for sure. And yes, I realize this has been done for awhile, including Amazon Prime ad nauseum..but doesn't mean I have to like it when I hear Disney+ has gone there. I can let it slide for Prime, cuz it was included in my Prime membership and I realize there may be tiers for box office movies, etc. But when I specifically sign up for, say, lossless or HD (like Tidal or whatever), then have to pay extra for random (read: popular) choices, that is BS. Jungle Cruise for $30? I guess it's me, cuz I wouldn't pay much more than $5, if at all. Peter's docu-series will be big $$.

Where have I been? Not buying streamed films, that's for sure. And yes, I realize this has been done for awhile, including Amazon Prime ad nauseum..but doesn't mean I have to like it when I hear Disney+ has gone there. I can let it slide for Prime, cuz it was included in my Prime membership and I realize there may be tiers for box office movies, etc. But when I specifically sign up for, say, lossless or HD (like Tidal or whatever), then have to pay extra for random (read: popular) choices, that is BS. Jungle Cruise for $30? I guess it's me, cuz I wouldn't pay much more than $5, if at all. Peter's docu-series will be big $$.
I mostly just meant your surprise for something a year old. Personally, I haven't paid one dime for any of the Premier Access films, maybe for a family $30 is worth it compared to a trip to the cinema, but for me and my partner, it's 3x the price we'd probably be willing to consider for even a few of the films they've done so far.

Seeing all the bad reviews, I wouldn’t watch it for free.
Jungle Cruise was great. I highly recommend it.

Is it a bit derivative as some critics say? Yes.

Is it extremely entertaining and well executed? Yes, as 92% of actual viewers (audience score on RT) say.

The only downside for me (shockingly) are the parts with Paul Giamatti. A great actor saddled with a bit of superfluous writing.

Jungle Cruise was great. I highly recommend it.

Is it a bit derivative as some critics say? Yes.

Is it extremely entertaining and well executed? Yes, as 92% of actual viewers (audience score on RT) say.

The only downside for me (shockingly) are the parts with Paul Giamatti. A great actor saddled with a bit of superfluous writing.
You know the world is going to end when Hollywood runs out of Original ideas. 😁

The USA-based Beatles fan magazine «Beatlefan» has learned that Apple Corps and Capitol/Universal are planning a 6-disc “Let It Be” 50th anniversary box set, as rumored. Here is what Beatlefan wrote on their Facebook page:

Two sources familiar with the plans say the set includes a new Giles Martin remix of the “Let It Be” album; a couple of discs of rehearsals and jams from the January, 1969, Apple Studios sessions; the first Glyn Johns mix of the album from 1969; Johns’ 1970 mixes of “Across the Universe” and “I Me Mine” and new 2021 mixes of the original B-side version of “Don’t Let Me Down” and the 1970 single version of “Let It Be”; and a disc featuring Dolby Atmos/ 5.1 DTS/Hi-Res Stereo mixes.

The complete rooftop concert, which is featured in Peter Jackson’s upcoming Disney+ docuseries, is not included in the box set, which has only one live rooftop track, the sources told Beatlefan. That may have been a result of restrictions imposed by Disney. Look for the official announcement of the box set coming soon. Release is expected to be in mid-October.

Source: Facebook/Beatlefan

The complete rooftop concert, which is featured in Peter Jackson’s upcoming Disney+ docuseries, is not included in the box set, which has only one live rooftop track, the sources told Beatlefan. That may have been a result of restrictions imposed by Disney. Look for the official announcement of the box set coming soon. Release is expected to be in mid-October.
Source: Facebook/Beatlefan
Well screw me if you please?
After fifty bloody years we now have a situation where we still don't get the Rooftop concert because poor little Disney feels more entitled to bleed you drier than even Corporate Beatles would normally choose to? (Hopefully Pink Floyd aren't taking too much notice as the previously crowned Worlds Greatest Greedy Bastards) We are truly suckers and they obviously know it. (Just to prove it) I'm hoping that it does turn up on the blurays released of the Movie, series, slide show or whatever it may eventually be

I don't see why one needs to immediately interpret it so badly. The rooftop concert is part of the film, it was captured on film at the time, not just audio recordings, it makes sense that it would be part of the eventual film release. It seems like more of a "how do we present this cleanly to fans while limiting confusion?" type of thing rather than some malicious money grubbing thing. After all, the entire original project was audio and video in nature. They have to find a good way to naturally split that out into products that make sense for the consumer. I mean are you saying you wouldn't buy an eventual 4k release of Get Back plus the original Let It Be film, hopefully that also includes the rooftop concert as a standalone menu option?

I don't see why one needs to immediately interpret it so badly. The rooftop concert is part of the film, it was captured on film at the time, not just audio recordings, it makes sense that it would be part of the eventual film release. It seems like more of a "how do we present this cleanly to fans while limiting confusion?" type of thing rather than some malicious money grubbing thing. After all, the entire original project was audio and video in nature. They have to find a good way to naturally split that out into products that make sense for the consumer. I mean are you saying you wouldn't buy an eventual 4k release of Get Back plus the original Let It Be film, hopefully that also includes the rooftop concert as a standalone menu option?
Are you saying that it wouldn't have made sense for the consumer if they had released it all as one mega-box set?
I don't know how else you could interpret it. They know they will be able to make more money by holding some back for another time. They may even make us re-buy some of the same content when they finally do release it.

Back