Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney has nothing whatsoever to do with what gets shown or not shown.
Apple runs the show and always has.

It doesn't make sense because one product is coming from one company and the other is coming from another. One is primarily audio and one is video. Each company has their own schedule for when to release stuff. And if they did combine into one mega-box set, everyone would have bitched incessantly about THAT. It's too expensive, it's too huge, it's content I don't care about.

It doesn't make sense because one product is coming from one company and the other is coming from another. One is primarily audio and one is video. Each company has their own schedule for when to release stuff. And if they did combine into one mega-box set, everyone would have bitched incessantly about THAT. It's too expensive, it's too huge, it's content I don't care about.
Good points I admit. I understand the reality of the first point. The second really depends on how ridiculously bloated they tried to make it. Given the way Beatles releases have sold in the past, there is a high upper end that people would pay without blinking an eye. If they could keep it under $200 it wouldn't phase many Beatles fans,

I mean I would assume that the Let It Be music super deluxe set will be priced just like the Sgt Pepper, White Album and Abbey Road ones. So like what? $100-$140 depending on where/when one buys it. The 4k Blu Ray of the Get Back film, hopefully with the Let It Be film, the rooftop concert, etc, would probably be like.... $40-60 from Disney. None of the other albums have this sort of whole other video/film side of things, so this one is somewhat unique.

From SHF

Attachments

• 09168CE5-ED3B-4F56-9F64-88DE256BE70E.jpeg
    09168CE5-ED3B-4F56-9F64-88DE256BE70E.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 709
  • 45C0BA2A-6E25-4258-8B9F-74EC4B9961E2.jpeg
    45C0BA2A-6E25-4258-8B9F-74EC4B9961E2.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 634
Overall the content of this set is somewhat underwhelming given the amount of outtakes available. Disc 5 is kind of a joke with only 4 tracks. As for the Blu-ray, I was hoping for a return to an inclusion of non-album tracks like we got with Sgt. Pepper.
I agree with everything you said (especially Disc 5). I expected more but I will still be buying it.

A little disappointed Let it Down, Hear Me Lord, or Isn't It A Pity rehearsals aren't included, but I presume they're lackluster performances. Musically, the Twickenham/Let It Be stuff is the least interesting to me, but I'm in because I have all the other boxed sets, haha.
I'd like to hear Paul Hicks or Steven Wilson or someone go for a wild REVOLVER mix soon.

As long as Giles Martin is willing and able to work on Beatles projects, he will. The keys will need to be pried from his cold, dead hands.
Yeah, those guys like to keep it in "the family" so I doubt you will see anyone else given the keys to the kingdom anytime soon.
Never go against The Family, Fredo.

Back