Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those were actually counterfeits, allegedly pressed by Allen Klein.
Actually, I was there to see it, being 20 in 1976. "In early 1976, when the Beatles' EMI contract expired, the group's subsequent pressings ceased sporting Apple labels, Capitol labels replacing them; Let It Be, however, went out of print in America for three years."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be_(Beatles_album)See the article in Billboard: Billboard : Nielsen Business Media, Inc. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Here is a VERY interesting OLD poster from a Toshiba/Boston publicity

Attachments

• BOSTON LET IT BE.jpg
    BOSTON LET IT BE.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 92
Well I was thinking about finally pulling the trigger on this one-

Stuff is pretty similar with the sellers if I factor out a 5% CC discount with Amazon US (currently around $118), the kicker with all these is actually taxes at around an additional $10 (damn am I cheap 😰) putting it back up to around $122 with free shipping.

I'm still baulking some at that price, just hard for me to swallow since all I want is that BD; so to make me feel better I looked up what that would be in 1970 dollars, and it turns out to be a measly $17.40... .... ..... ..... nope still don't feel it 😩

Well I was thinking about finally pulling the trigger on this one-

Stuff is pretty similar with the sellers if I factor out a 5% CC discount with Amazon US (currently around $118), the kicker with all these is actually taxes at around an additional $10 (damn am I cheap 😰) putting it back up to around $122 with free shipping.

I'm still baulking some at that price, just hard for me to swallow since all I want is that BD; so to make me feel better I looked up what that would be in 1970 dollars, and it turns out to be a measly $17.40... .... ..... ..... nope still don't feel it 😩

Oh, go for it Pupster! In 1970, you'd be paying $8.70 per channel. But with 5.4.1 Atmos you're only paying $1.70 per channel in 1970 dollars. Consider it a bargain. :sneaky:

Oh, go for it Pupster! In 1970, you'd be paying $8.70 per channel. But with 5.4.1 Atmos you're only paying $1.70 per channel in 1970 dollars. Consider it a bargain. :sneaky:
Totally get it! It is a chunk in today’s dollars, which is what really counts…..however after hearing how good the Atmos LIB track sounds, for me it‘s worth it for a whole album of that quality.

Totally get it! It is a chunk in today’s dollars, which is what really counts…..however after hearing how good the Atmos LIB track sounds, for me it‘s worth it for a whole album of that quality.

I’ll get there, thanks for the encouragement. I guess I’m just too spoiled by DV type of value, even though they’re only 4 channels.

So you’re saying just grow a pair and stop being a cheap bastard!

Carpe Scrotum ...
I've been wondering if all these expensive box sets coming out will gradually be affected by the streaming access thru places like Apple TV 4K music. Not just from a cost standpoint but eventually phasing out the physical discs. I usually also determine a potential purchase on these sets, as a kind of weighted decision on how much I'll like the music, sound quality and potential future value appreciation due to availability (the Jethro Tull's & Rhino Quadio's come to mind.)

I've been wondering if all these expensive box sets coming out will gradually be affected by the streaming access thru places like Apple TV 4K music. Not just from a cost standpoint but eventually phasing out the physical discs. I usually also determine a potential purchase on these sets, as a kind of weighted decision on how much I'll like the music, sound quality and potential future value appreciation due to availability (the Jethro Tull's & Rhino Quadio's come to mind.)
I bought the Tull albums I like and passed on the ones that I didn't like. Of course, there are many artists for which I am a completist. 🤷‍♂️

From a purely financial standpoint, of course, I could have bought several copies of the more popular boxes and then sold the extras to, not only pay for the copy I kept, but to also finance other future purchases.

I looked at how much per month I pay for internet & phone (inc. line rental), Sky Satellite TV, Netflix & Disney+ package costs, and its more than the combined Gas & Electricity! My view is once the music streamers have killed off the physical discs the monthly rental charges will go up, and the quality of music will go down, as no up and coming "quality" bands will be able to make a living! Even now a lot of bands releasing albums have some or all members in day jobs. So I'll continue to buy the physical discs until the day they vanish or I do which ever comes first :ROFLMAO:. Yer maybe The Beatles don't need the dosh, but it is the Beatles!

Of course they will be affected. For instance, the new Stones Tattoo You doesn’t include a BD, but it appears there will be an Atmos mix available by streaming only - so no physical surround or digital hi-rez stereo.

Almost everybody in the industry has wanted to get rid of the physical disc/ownership model for some time now. The death of physical digital media will be gradual, then sudden. And it’s not that far away.

Back