Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
while there was no way i was not going to raid the piggy bank to get the box set, it is amazing to see such a mega high-profile release streaming in Atmos on Tidal day and date with the actual physical release!! the box set is number 1 sales item on Amazon in at
least one category for gawd's sake, this is an immersively immense time for our beloved little hobby!!

MrSmithers

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
while there was no way i was not going to raid the piggy bank to get the box set, it is amazing to see such a mega high-profile release streaming in Atmos on Tidal day and date with the actual physical release!! the box set is number 1 sales item on Amazon in at
least one category for gawd's sake, this is an immersively immense time for our beloved little hobby!!
Yeah It was nice to have a first listen to Let It Be (in Atmos) whilst eating brekkie this morning! No need to wait for the Amazon delivery which always arrives late in the day, grrr.

I'll save my vote for another listen but overall it's alright, fairly decent and the sound is great. I wasn't expecting too much from the mix, but the Atmos does progress well towards the second half of the album. I really liked how 'Get Back' sounded. Next Friday I'm getting up even earlier for Tattoo You with a bacon sarnie (and HP sauce!) :D

perzon57

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Yeah It was nice to have a first listen to Let It Be (in Atmos) whilst eating brekkie this morning! No need to wait for the Amazon delivery which always arrives late in the day, grrr.

I'll save my vote for another listen but overall it's alright, fairly decent and the sound is great. I wasn't expecting too much from the mix, but the Atmos does progress well towards the second half of the album. I really liked how 'Get Back' sounded. Next Friday I'm getting up even earlier for Tattoo You with a bacon sarnie (and HP sauce!) :D
Is this up on Apple Music too?

zobalob

Yeah I got the same notification, dispatched on Thursday but with a delivery date of Tuesday (!!!???)...and the delivery will be made by Hermes which doesn't fill me with confidence. The Hermes tracking number supplied isn't recognised on the Hermes site either :>(
Update...checked Amazon's tracking this morning and the last entry states that it's arrived at an Amazon facility at 12.03 am...problem is that the facility is in St Helens, Merseyside ffs...yesterday it said 'carrier picked up the package' from Dunfermline, Fife where Amazon have a warehouse located there. Why it's now made a journey down to England when I live in Scotland and Dunfermline is also in Scotland is a mystery. And Hermes still don't recognise the tracking number...sigh. Guess I'll have to wait and see if there are any updates as to its whereabouts and if there's no 'out for delivery' by Tuesday, raise it with Amazon.

splinter7

800 Club - QQ All-Star
This is not new and is fairly common. My guess is on a macro-logistics level it makes sense.
Only makes sense when it remains an efficient process. In this case not.
My shipment's tracking number shows all the hallmarks of something being lost .
1634306241014.png

I live in northwestern Georgia. The package was dispatched via UPS from Amazon's north east hub 47 miles away from me. UPS sends it up to Louisville, KY, over to Nashville TN, back down to Doraville, GA (essentially Atlanta - 50 miles from my house), then up to Roswell, GA (20 miles from my house), and now it is shown as being 800 miles north in Pennsylvania.

Still on track for delivery today :ROFLMAO: A long and winding road indeed.

Interesting to note that the Amazon hub in Braselton, GA is at most 40 miles from either of the two other Georgia locations it has visited. Instead of going to either of those two first, this "macro-logistics" masterpiece has somehow decided that sending the package on a 1,600 mile trip was more efficient - ya sure.

I seem to recall this was the exact same fiasco I had with my Abbey Road box set.

@Hamilton59 I hope your copy headed south down to you once they got back down to Doraville.

Last edited:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Update...checked Amazon's tracking this morning and the last entry states that it's arrived at an Amazon facility at 12.03 am...problem is that the facility is in St Helens, Merseyside ffs...yesterday it said 'carrier picked up the package' from Dunfermline, Fife where Amazon have a warehouse located there. Why it's now made a journey down to England when I live in Scotland and Dunfermline is also in Scotland is a mystery. And Hermes still don't recognise the tracking number...sigh. Guess I'll have to wait and see if there are any updates as to its whereabouts and if there's no 'out for delivery' by Tuesday, raise it with Amazon.
Bizarre and its not as if Glasgow & Dunfermline are that far apart! I know both as that area is where my father's family came from, I come from further north and east. Hopefully you'll get it soon. Amazon sent an email saying mine will arrive today but as it is now 6:30pm that is unlikely - still a possibility though!