Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
Jr. Mod
I don't like the Spector treatment so I was hoping for a "Naked" style reworking of some kind to come along for the ride. I'm more disappointed at the missed opportunity there.
I'm happy with the sound of the 5.1 mix, but can't disagree there - it would've been great to have a 5.1 "Raw Studio Mix" as was done for Lennon's Imagine box.

Bill B

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Just a quick heads up to check your email for an offer to rejoin Disney+ for $1.99 for the next 30 days. Then, $7.99 after that.

So, this will cover the documentary that’s coming around Thanksgiving.
Just signed up. They finally got me to subscribe to a streaming service by using The Beatles as bait. At least I am into Marvel and The Simpsons so that will add some value.

BTW, you don't need an email you can just go to Disney+ and join. I think the offer is open until Nov 14th.

Strilo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Staff member
Jr. Mod
I feel like if Disney+ was going to do the whole Premier Access thing for the Get Back documentary, they would already have marketed it that way.

mrcond

600 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm no marketing expert by any means, but it would seem to me that Disney would view this as a golden opportunity to get millions of eyeballs on their app and platform, and hope that at least a fair percentage will stick around after the Beatles documentary has aired.

ted_b

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm only repeating what Strilo slapped me ("where have you been") about back in August when I was horrified to think that a Premier Access strategy would even be in the works. I agree that it would be bad marketing, but a quick money grab is certainly not beyond these folks. Let's hope reasonability prevails. :)

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
I'm no marketing expert by any means, but it would seem to me that Disney would view this as a golden opportunity to get millions of eyeballs on their app and platform, and hope that at least a fair percentage will stick around after the Beatles documentary has aired.
I guess they may use it like the Carrot / Loss Leader airing; relating to your thoughts.

Bill B

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I have a hard time thinking this $1.99 promotion is aimed at the 50+ age group who want to see the "Let It Be" documentary, but they are definitely making it easy for us. I'd love to find out if the promotion is aimed at Beatles fans from somone in the know. And I agree, people sticking around for $7.99 a month afterward is always their hope and many will, for a while. I plan on keeping it through the winter when I spend more time in the house and then making a final decision in the spring. I've watched the Marvel "Black Widow" movie last night, which I had not seen yet, so I already got my $1.99 worth of viewing,

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have a hard time thinking this $1.99 promotion is aimed at the 50+ age group who want to see the "Let It Be" documentary, but they are definitely making it easy for us. I'd love to find out if the promotion is aimed at Beatles fans from somone in the know. And I agree, people sticking around for $7.99 a month afterward is always their hope and many will, for a while. I plan on keeping it through the winter when I spend more time in the house and then making a final decision in the spring. I've watched the Marvel "Black Widow" movie last night, which I had not seen yet, so I already got my $1.99 worth of viewing,
Last year I paid $75 for an annual subscription to Disney+. That is $6.25 a month. (It will probably go up again this year.) We share the subscription with one of the kids/grandkids...and I know that Disney allows use on at least two devices simultaneously. So the cost per month per household turns out to be nominal.

Strilo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Staff member
Jr. Mod
Make sure you watch The Mandalorian.

marcb

600 Club - QQ All-Star
I feel like if Disney+ was going to do the whole Premier Access thing for the Get Back documentary, they would already have marketed it that way.
Yep. I would have thought the Get Back doc would be a huge carrot, but I saw a TV ad last night for the $1.99 deal - and there wasn’t a single mention or clip of it.

I think our bubble is both smaller and thicker than we think...

Old Quad Guy

Let it Be
Staff member
Yep. I would have thought the Get Back doc would be a huge carrot, but I saw a TV ad last night for the $1.99 deal - and there wasn’t a single mention or clip of it.

I think our bubble is both smaller and thicker than we think...
Yes, I was just a kid, but I remember when there wasn’t The Beatles. Then they came on the world stage and changed everything.
What it was like to get a new Beatles record and what did it mean? But if you grew up after the Beatles broke up, then that’s going to be a different experience. But, amazingly the music still holds up after all these years, regardless of one’s musical tastes.

I’m looking forward to the documentary this Thanksgiving. If anyone can make something out of all that footage, it’s Peter Jackson. And for whatever it’s worth, it is The Beatles.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
What’s the BEST PRICE that’s been around for this so far $US please
Plus any reviews would be highly appreciated
In other words how is the 5.1 and Atmos mixes

Last edited: