Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Bill B

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Nice write up on this on Sound & Vision today....

humprof

Junior Senior

Thanks for posting this. I must have spent two hours reading this, and it's fascinating. Makes the documentary much more intelligible, in retrospect.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

Yes, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this... this is the OFFICIAL "behind the scenes/Tech specs" article...and yes, it is pretty long... I LOVE S+V

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Watching the documentary got be liking these tunes again after not giving them many listens over the past 30 years. In doing so, I am appreciating the 5.1 mix even more. It's really damn good! I think they did a terrific job with these tunes and probably will rank this right up there with the best Beatles 5.1 out there.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
one thing I found fascinating was the amount of middle aged folks who were at street level during the rooftop gig who liked the Beatles; of course there was always the occasional cranky old person who disapproved...and that young guy who said he DID NOT like the Beatles cause "they had changed too much(!)"...I guess he did not get enough booty!

mrcond

600 Club - QQ All-Star
one thing I found fascinating was the amount of middle aged folks who were at street level during the rooftop gig who liked the Beatles; of course there was always the occasional cranky old person who disapproved...and that young guy who said he DID NOT like the Beatles cause "they had changed too much(!)"...I guess he did not get enough booty!
He’s a real square, man.

What cracked me up a bit was the muted reactions. First time the Beatles played in public in years and people were like, yes, it’s quite nice. These people seemingly had no clue how significant that moment was!

Bill B

500 Club - QQ All-Star
He’s a real square, man.

What cracked me up a bit was the muted reactions. First time the Beatles played in public in years and people were like, yes, it’s quite nice. These people seemingly had no clue how significant that moment was!
I agree and made the same observation. All the people on the streets seemed to be, at most, casual Beatle fans. None of them seemed to be that into The Beatles or even music at all. From their reactions you'd think that a roof concert occurred every other week. I would have been so excited I'd have made a fool out of myself on camera.

One other thought. When it was first announced that this was going to be streamed on Disney+ instead of shown at the theater, I was disappointed. In reality though we got to see at least 6 hours more footage than we could have ever gotten at a theater. Could you imagine a 9 hour movie at the theater,,, well I guess it isn't that hard to imagine.... if you try.

Petr Kropotkin

Could you imagine a 9 hour movie at the theater,,, well I guess it isn't that hard to imagine.... if you try.
Given it's really one movie split into three parts, The Lord of the Rings fans don't need to imagine. They've already done it. All three flics one after the other, e.g. start 11am, finish 9.30pm, with two half-hour meal breaks:
OLD LISTING! THE LORD OF THE RINGS EXTENDED TRILOGY ALL DAY MARATHON | Orpheum Cinemas

And they're off to do it again next Saturday, with "bottomless" popcorn for $5. And because it's Australia (recently cited as the "heaviest drinkers in the world after spending more time drunk in 2020 than any other nation") there's an all-day bar:
The Lord Of The Rings - Full Trilogy Screening
Cheers from Oz. 🍻

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
You guys are killing me. I would absolutely be awe-struck with every single minute of this show. I really would. :cry:
So what’s stopping you from getting DISNEY+ for a month? I don’t get it? If you don’t like what DISNEY now stands for, just bite your tongue and watch it then unsubscribe

Guitmark

Amazing! So in-depth. Thank you for sharing this.

Mesozoic Mike

701 Club - QQ All-Star
So what’s stopping you from getting DISNEY+ for a month? I don’t get it? If you don’t like what DISNEY now stands for, just bite your tongue and watch it then unsubscribe
That's exactly what I did. And I still have time to watch it again before my subscription runs out. 🥃 🥃:p

newslane

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS! Now I am behind about 90 minutes on a Monday morning!

relaxing

I have a question for anyone who has watched Part 3.
When they play on the rooftop, behind Ringo, leaning against the walkway railing, is a black and red, looks like 2' X 2' square board. Looks like an image of a bullet going thru glass. At the end of concert someone picks it up, but for the life of me I don't know what it is. It also looked like modern graphics, not like 1969 graphics. I thought maybe it was a box for a bass drum head?
Someone should know, but I just can't figure it out.
It was a painting. Turns out a roadie stuck it up there in hopes of selling it later.

Musician Tom Newman was able to watch the gig after helping to carry the equipment to the rooftop and hiding - he even used the opportunity to sell a painting: “I helped Adrian up with all this equipment and Ringo’s drum kit was set up there, so I put this painting that I wanted to see if I could sell, this kind of space-age thing, behind Ringo’s drum kit and I just hid on the roof ‘cause I thought I’d get chucked out.

Bill B

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Now I'm thinking George took a break from the boys, just a few days, to have time alone and nail down his parts.

SWIPPER WIPER on the Tom & Monkeys Humpin' (what Hams da lads were) - :p ✌
Or maybe it was all staged to "create drama". I doubt that was the case but, if it were, that would make this the first reality television show. :LOL:

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
Just finished the second part of the Get Back show; and there are so many moments that are like Beatles insider speak that I have no clue as to what they're talking about. When they're discussing what to do for a live show; Paul says something like this (I believe) to John:

when this is all done, you'll be in a black bag at the Royal Albert Hall, you know...

Maybe the real hard core Beatles fans here have some kind of clue as to what that means? But, this is filled with all kinds of insider speak. 🤷‍♂️

AshBuchanan

Just finished the second part of the Get Back show; and there are so many moments that are like Beatles insider speak that I have no clue as to what they're talking about. When they're discussing what to do for a live show; Paul says something like this (I believe) to John:

when this is all done, you'll be in a black bag at the Royal Albert Hall, you know...

Maybe the real hard core Beatles fans here have some kind of clue as to what that means? But, this is filled with all kinds of insider speak. 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20211206-191048_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think it refers to this

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
View attachment 74159
I think it refers to this
The lyrics to Give Peace a Chance ...

Everybody's talking 'bout
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m

and The Ballad of John and Yoko also refer to it.

Made a lightning trip to Vienna
Eating chocolate cake in a bag
Newspapers said, "She's gone to his head
They look just like two gurus in drag"

MikeMonaco

Or maybe it was all staged to "create drama". I doubt that was the case but, if it were, that would make this the first reality television show. :LOL:
My 2 cents ---
I also thought this could have been staged, I guess we're all looking at it through today's reality TV lens. But then they had the secret recording of John and Paul from the flower pot. It seemed they were being fairly critical of each other, and spoke about their impact on the relationship with Paul. That conversation seemed genuine (at least at first listen), and made me think that it couldn't have been staged. Also, some of the reactions and looks made by George during rehearsals looked like he was not enjoying himself, and I personally felt that I would have also been put off by Paul's controlling every move he made during some of the practice sessions.