Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was all in. It sounded amazing.
I agree. I wanted to see the minutia of The Beatles interacting.
Anyone who saw a run time of 8 hours and didn't think the majority of the footage would be tedious, was fooling themselves or really didn't think about it too much. Watching any band work in the studio for more than an hour will, most likely, not be riveting viewing.

Restored “Let it Be” film coming soon?!
Looks like you are correct:

IMG_3895.jpeg

Yes, and it contains some video content (how much? how significant? :unsure: ) that did not appear in "Get Back."
Jackson made every effort to not use footage from the movie in his docuseries. Inevitably there is some, but not much — except the rooftop. And in that case, Jackson also used alternate angles/shots from the various camera setups.

According to the original director, it also it won’t be as aggressively de-grained. Unlike the docuseries, it also contains some complete songs as recorded in the studio.

Yes, and it contains some video content (how much? how significant? :unsure: ) that did not appear in "Get Back."

The 1970 movie has full studio performances of Let It Be, Two of Us and For You Blue. They are really exceptional. It will also have lots of partial songs from the album along with some rock n roll oldies. There isn’t much duplication from Peter Jackson’s Get Back film other than the Rooftop.

The 1970 movie has full studio performances of Let It Be, Two of Us and For You Blue. They are really exceptional. It will also have lots of partial songs from the album along with some rock n roll oldies. There isn’t much duplication from Peter Jackson’s Get Back film other than the Rooftop.

I almost forgot, there is a full studio performance of The Long & Winding Road.
These 4 performances are amazing.

I can’t recall if the following were in the Get Back film, but there are performances of I Me Mine and Dig It. The latter I assume was more or less composed by Lennon on the spot.

Back