Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The concert on the rooftop, January 30, 1969:

The version in this Youtube video is all in stereo and the tracks I've Got a Feeling, One After 909 and Dig A Pony are obviously taken from the album cuts. This is either one of the best overdubbing jobs I've ever seen...OR...were these takes on the rooftop used for these Let It Be album tracks?

First take of I've Got a Feeling plus the only takes of One After 909 and Dig a Pony were featured in the film and on the 1970 Let it Be album.

As I recall, about 7 hours of rehearsals and rooftop footage were shot. There was about 75 hours of rehearsals, jams and takes recorded to 8 track reels of audio tape at Twickenham Film Studios. I have heard about half of it. Perhaps 7% of this was also shot for video

(from Wiki): The rooftop concert consisted of nine takes of five Beatles songs: three takes of "Get Back"; two takes each of "Don't Let Me Down" and "I've Got a Feeling"; and one take each of "One After 909" and "Dig a Pony". The set was performed in the following order:[15]

• "Get Back" (take one)
  • "Get Back" (take two)
  • "Don't Let Me Down" (take one)
  • "I've Got a Feeling" (take one)
  • "One After 909"
  • "Dig a Pony"
  • "I've Got a Feeling" (take two)
  • "Don't Let Me Down" (take two)
  • "Get Back" (take three)

I have an early 80's Video Disc release of the movie. I very much prefer the "stripped down" version of Long and Winding Road featured in the movie. The Spectorized version originally released was good. Let it Be...Naked and the movie allow the song to "breathe," like a good wine.

Edits of other Let it Be (Get Back) session tracks issued on Let it Be...Naked and Anthology 3.

A couple years before his passing, I met Billy Preston at Beatlefest. My Let It Be CD from the UK "rolltop desk" box is autographed by Preston. He also gave an impromptu concert for a couple dozen of us at a grand piano near a rear entrance to the O'Hare Hyatt. Great memories!

First take of I've Got a Feeling plus the only takes of One After 909 and Dig a Pony were featured in the film and on the 1970 Let it Be album.

As I recall, about 7 hours of rehearsals and rooftop footage were shot. There was about 75 hours of rehearsals, jams and takes recorded to 8 track reels of audio tape at Twickenham Film Studios. I have heard about half of it. Perhaps 7% of this was also shot for video

(from Wiki): The rooftop concert consisted of nine takes of five Beatles songs: three takes of "Get Back"; two takes each of "Don't Let Me Down" and "I've Got a Feeling"; and one take each of "One After 909" and "Dig a Pony". The set was performed in the following order:[15]

• "Get Back" (take one)
  • "Get Back" (take two)
  • "Don't Let Me Down" (take one)
  • "I've Got a Feeling" (take one)
  • "One After 909"
  • "Dig a Pony"
  • "I've Got a Feeling" (take two)
  • "Don't Let Me Down" (take two)
  • "Get Back" (take three)

I have an early 80's Video Disc release of the movie. I very much prefer the "stripped down" version of Long and Winding Road featured in the movie. The Spectorized version originally released was good. Let it Be...Naked and the movie allow the song to "breathe," like a good wine.

Edits of other Let it Be (Get Back) session tracks issued on Let it Be...Naked and Anthology 3.

A couple years before his passing, I met Billy Preston at Beatlefest. My Let It Be CD from the UK "rolltop desk" box is autographed by Preston. He also gave an impromptu concert for a couple dozen of us at a grand piano near a rear entrance to the O'Hare Hyatt. Great memories!
Still waiting to see what this new one will be; that's why I've held off getting a Let it Be...Naked title, and also 'cause, wasn't sure which version would sound the best of that title.

IMHO, everyone needs BOTH the Let it Be album and the de-Spectorized McCartney vision called Let it Be...Naked.

Everyone also needs the "stripped down" and original versions of Double Fantasy.

You NEED THEM, Puppo!

PS: Billy Preston also told me that he played on some of the Abbey Road album sessions, as well.

I bought the EMI US 2 CD pressing the first day it hit the street. It is the only copy I've ever owned. I would expect all CD's worldwide to sound nearly or exactly the same, so long as they are legitimate. One of a few Beatles albums that I've bought once, instead of 10+ times over the years.

If you like interviews, or are a completist, you'll like the second CD. If not, then get one withoutt it.

:unsure: I feel like you're playing with your food 🐈 - I already have a couple versions of the original (vinyl and CD); I'm strictly talking about the definitive Let it Be...Naked

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Let-It-Be-Naked/master/59442

I've Got a Feeling is one of my all-time favorite Beatles tracks, whether from the original album or Naked. It's raw sounding like their early stuff, and it is truly a Lennon - McCartney collaboration. Knowing now that the cut on the album is actually a take from the rooftop concert makes it even more special.

I've Got a Feeling is one of my all-time favorite Beatles tracks, whether from the original album or Naked. It's raw sounding like their early stuff, and it is truly a Lennon - McCartney collaboration. Knowing now that the cut on the album is actually a take from the rooftop concert makes it even more special.

Pearl Jam's cover isn't bad either. It's from their 1991 promo Alive album

pj-alive-promo-1991-2021-2-1.jpg

Yeah love that song, even learned the different guitar parts from it, some nice hammer ons & pull offs & those high end note picking passages by George - pure magic.

BTW. It’s hard to find and not quad, but Fraser and DeBolt did a really strong and interesting cover of Don’t Let Me Down.

Never released on CD, but here’s a crackly version.

Last edited:
BTW. It’s hard to find and not quad, but Fraser and DeBolt did a really strong and interesting cover of Don’t Let Me Down.

Never released on CD, but here’s a crackly version

Good album! Don't Let Me Down was released by Fraser & Debolt as a single off the album. Daisy DeBolt passed in 2011.

I was lucky enough to find a sealed copy at Rose Records on Wabash in Chicago in '72. 20 years later, I came across their '73 LP With Pleasure in a used store. And I see there is now a 2LP unreleased tracks set, which I'll likely order. So, thanks for posting about this very obscure Canadian group!

There was an'07 UK UNAUTHORIZED CD and LP (likely needle drops) of the album you posted, but I opted to stick with my minty LP. I don't believe that a legitimate CD has ever been issued of that album.

Visit:
http://daisydebolt.comFraser & DeBolt (sub) site for more info:Fraser & DeBolt

to order 2 LP UNRELEASED material:
http://roaratorio.com/uncategorized/fraser-debolt-this-song-was-borne/
Now, back to Beatles' Let It Be

Last edited:
Back