Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well Amazon took £104 English poundies out of my bank account at 4:30 this morning, so i'm presuming the box is on its way or at least being picked/packed?! 😂

edit: my mistake, dispatched today, arriving next Tuesday!! 🤯🔫🤬

View attachment 72552
Yeah I got the same notification, dispatched on Thursday but with a delivery date of Tuesday (!!!???)...and the delivery will be made by Hermes which doesn't fill me with confidence. The Hermes tracking number supplied isn't recognised on the Hermes site either :>(

Last edited:
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: The Beatles / Let It Be (2021 Mix)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR12      -3.73 dB   -21.40 dB      3:37 1/12-Two Of Us (2021 Mix)
DR11      -3.40 dB   -20.05 dB      3:55 2/12-Dig A Pony (2021 Mix)
DR9       -7.97 dB   -24.24 dB      3:48 3/12-Across The Universe (2021 Mix)
DR11      -4.19 dB   -20.61 dB      2:25 4/12-I Me Mine (2021 Mix)
DR12      -8.69 dB   -27.12 dB      0:51 5/12-Dig It (2021 Mix)
DR11      -4.31 dB   -20.84 dB      4:03 6/12-Let It Be (2021 Mix)
DR11      -5.95 dB   -22.73 dB      0:40 7/12-Maggie Mae (2021 Mix)
DR10      -3.99 dB   -20.13 dB      3:38 8/12-I've Got A Feeling (2021 Mix)
DR11      -4.51 dB   -19.79 dB      2:54 9/12-One After 909 (2021 Mix)
DR11      -5.20 dB   -22.08 dB      3:38 10/12-The Long And Winding Road (2021 Mix)
DR12      -6.77 dB   -25.10 dB      2:33 11/12-For You Blue (2021 Mix)
DR12      -3.18 dB   -21.47 dB      3:08 12/12-Get Back (2021 Mix)

Number of tracks:  12
Official DR value: DR11

Samplerate:        48000 Hz
Channels:          6

The box arrived via Amazon.jp this morning. Gave the 5.1 Doby Atmos a test spin...Yeah, that's the stuff!! AKA Nice!!! I was harmonically engaged from beginning to end and was surprised at what each song, even each channel, had to offer...Even "Maggie Mae". Some tracks needed a touch more bass for my liking ("Long and Winding" was a bit on the weak side, but "Get Back" booming!) Next up, the session discs.

while there was no way i was not going to raid the piggy bank to get the box set, it is amazing to see such a mega high-profile release streaming in Atmos on Tidal day and date with the actual physical release!! the box set is number 1 sales item on Amazon in at
least one category for gawd's sake, this is an immersively immense time for our beloved little hobby!!

while there was no way i was not going to raid the piggy bank to get the box set, it is amazing to see such a mega high-profile release streaming in Atmos on Tidal day and date with the actual physical release!! the box set is number 1 sales item on Amazon in at
least one category for gawd's sake, this is an immersively immense time for our beloved little hobby!!
Yeah It was nice to have a first listen to Let It Be (in Atmos) whilst eating brekkie this morning! No need to wait for the Amazon delivery which always arrives late in the day, grrr.

I'll save my vote for another listen but overall it's alright, fairly decent and the sound is great. I wasn't expecting too much from the mix, but the Atmos does progress well towards the second half of the album. I really liked how 'Get Back' sounded. Next Friday I'm getting up even earlier for Tattoo You with a bacon sarnie (and HP sauce!) :D

Yeah It was nice to have a first listen to Let It Be (in Atmos) whilst eating brekkie this morning! No need to wait for the Amazon delivery which always arrives late in the day, grrr.

I'll save my vote for another listen but overall it's alright, fairly decent and the sound is great. I wasn't expecting too much from the mix, but the Atmos does progress well towards the second half of the album. I really liked how 'Get Back' sounded. Next Friday I'm getting up even earlier for Tattoo You with a bacon sarnie (and HP sauce!) :D
Is this up on Apple Music too?

Yeah I got the same notification, dispatched on Thursday but with a delivery date of Tuesday (!!!???)...and the delivery will be made by Hermes which doesn't fill me with confidence. The Hermes tracking number supplied isn't recognised on the Hermes site either :>(

Update...checked Amazon's tracking this morning and the last entry states that it's arrived at an Amazon facility at 12.03 am...problem is that the facility is in St Helens, Merseyside ffs...yesterday it said 'carrier picked up the package' from Dunfermline, Fife where Amazon have a warehouse located there. Why it's now made a journey down to England when I live in Scotland and Dunfermline is also in Scotland is a mystery. And Hermes still don't recognise the tracking number...sigh. Guess I'll have to wait and see if there are any updates as to its whereabouts and if there's no 'out for delivery' by Tuesday, raise it with Amazon.

Back