Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let it be.jpg

Just delivered . Currently just running my sticky fingers over the contents :love:

This is not new and is fairly common. My guess is on a macro-logistics level it makes sense.

Only makes sense when it remains an efficient process. In this case not.
My shipment's tracking number shows all the hallmarks of something being lost .
1634306241014.png

I live in northwestern Georgia. The package was dispatched via UPS from Amazon's north east hub 47 miles away from me. UPS sends it up to Louisville, KY, over to Nashville TN, back down to Doraville, GA (essentially Atlanta - 50 miles from my house), then up to Roswell, GA (20 miles from my house), and now it is shown as being 800 miles north in Pennsylvania.

Still on track for delivery today :ROFLMAO: A long and winding road indeed.

Interesting to note that the Amazon hub in Braselton, GA is at most 40 miles from either of the two other Georgia locations it has visited. Instead of going to either of those two first, this "macro-logistics" masterpiece has somehow decided that sending the package on a 1,600 mile trip was more efficient - ya sure.

I seem to recall this was the exact same fiasco I had with my Abbey Road box set.

@Hamilton59 I hope your copy headed south down to you once they got back down to Doraville.

Last edited:
Update...checked Amazon's tracking this morning and the last entry states that it's arrived at an Amazon facility at 12.03 am...problem is that the facility is in St Helens, Merseyside ffs...yesterday it said 'carrier picked up the package' from Dunfermline, Fife where Amazon have a warehouse located there. Why it's now made a journey down to England when I live in Scotland and Dunfermline is also in Scotland is a mystery. And Hermes still don't recognise the tracking number...sigh. Guess I'll have to wait and see if there are any updates as to its whereabouts and if there's no 'out for delivery' by Tuesday, raise it with Amazon.
Bizarre and its not as if Glasgow & Dunfermline are that far apart! I know both as that area is where my father's family came from, I come from further north and east. Hopefully you'll get it soon. Amazon sent an email saying mine will arrive today but as it is now 6:30pm that is unlikely - still a possibility though!

Only makes sense when it remains an efficient process. In this case not.
My shipment's tracking number shows all the hallmarks of something being lost .
View attachment 72588

I live in northwestern Georgia. The package was dispatched via UPS from Amazon's north east hub 47 miles away from me. UPS sends it up to Louisville, KY, over to Nashville TN, back down to Doraville, GA (essentially Atlanta - 50 miles from my house), then up to Roswell, GA (20 miles from my house), and now it is shown as being 800 miles north in Pennsylvania.

Still on track for delivery today :ROFLMAO: A long and winding road indeed.

Interesting to note that the Amazon hub in Braselton, GA is at most 40 miles from either of the two other Georgia locations it has visited. Instead of going to either of those two first, this "macro-logistics" masterpiece has somehow decided that sending the package on a 1,600 mile trip was more efficient - ya sure.

I seem to recall this was the exact same fiasco I had with my Abbey Road box set.

@Hamilton59 I hope your copy headed south down to you once they got back down to Doraville.
Maybe it’s lost. It does happen.

But it’s called the hub and spoke system. Frederick Smith (Fed Ex) made a fortune from it. Just because it doesn’t make sense to you, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t make sense to the shipper when literally millions of items with an almost infinite number of from/to’s and a variety of delivery requirements are being moved each day.

I know they probably should have consulted you first because you have, like, a map and stuff, but your package likely isn’t just randomly being sent all over the country.

If it doesn’t get there today, you’ve got a gripe. Otherwise, you just sound like someone questioning how a 4-star chef boils water.

If it doesn’t get there today, you’ve got a gripe. Otherwise, you just sound like someone questioning how a 4-star chef boils water.

Sorry I offend you & Fredrick Smith :rolleyes:
If a chef took 3 days to boil water, I would question his designation as 4-star chef. Kind of a lame analogy.

But to clarify, I am not really griping. Just find it a bit crazy that with today's packaging and sorting technology these types of routing errors are getting worse not better. This doesn't look like a last mile or over-the-road carrier problem (Obviously, the package has travelled 1,600 miles in 3 days). I would think that even your 4-star shipping star, Fredrick Smith would say sending a shipment back and fourth to 3 states lacks efficiency.

But yea, right... what do I know? I oversee the set-up of a heavy equipment processing & packing demonstration trade show

Sorry I offend you & Fredrick Smith :rolleyes:
If a chef took 3 days to boil water, I would question his designation as 4-star chef. Kind of a lame analogy.

But to clarify, I am not really griping. Just find it a bit crazy that with today's packaging and sorting technology these types of routing errors are getting worse not better. This doesn't look like a last mile or over-the-road carrier problem (Obviously, the package has travelled 1,600 miles in 3 days). I would think that even your 4-star shipping star, Fredrick Smith would say sending a shipment back and fourth to 3 states lacks efficiency.

But yea, right... what do I know? I oversee the set-up of a heavy equipment processing & packing demonstration trade show
You don’t offend me. Let us know if you don’t get it on time.

Still waiting for mine (and I don’t care if it gets here by way of Mars...), but I did listen to it on Apple Music.

It’s okay, but nothing to write home about. But honestly I wasn’t expecting it to be earth-shattering. There‘s only so much which could be done with it.

As an aside, is anyone else having an issue accessing it via their library? I can access it when I “Browse”, but via my library I just get a blank screen. Also when I tried to go directly to the Glyn Johns mix (stereo only), I couldn’t get any of those songs to play. I’m not sure if they will play if I let it play all the way through to those songs. More issues with the Apple TV software, I guess?

Welp, guys and gals — I am sending my copy back so I’ll have to live vicariously through all your glowing reviews until a replacement arrives. Amazon sent LIB inside the original factory box inside an outer Amazon box. Funny thing (not really) the outer box was undamaged but the inner box + spine are effed up....argh!

Attachments

• 6DD3A4E5-6FEF-4F65-9526-1827E65A8F04.jpeg
    6DD3A4E5-6FEF-4F65-9526-1827E65A8F04.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 76
  • E04B6A4C-3055-4D7C-9267-5EB470BA9B0A.jpeg
    E04B6A4C-3055-4D7C-9267-5EB470BA9B0A.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 66
So, I ripped an MKV file (so I can play Atmos on my system) just like I do with every other Atmos disc. This one skips badly, never happened before. I mean to say, the ripped MKV tracks skip. Not the physical disc.

Anyone have thoughts about how that oculd be?

Deep Discount prepared a shipping label yesterday but didn't actually ship the package until today(not uncommon as I've experienced this with multiple purchases; music discs and others). It's now sitting in Pittsburgh with anticipated arrival time here in Massachusetts on wednesday. I'm guessing that it'll get here on tuesday, or possibly even monday. I leave for NY on sunday and return home on wednesday so it's a wash. Honestly, I can't complain, after all, if someone had told me 5 years ago that I'd have any of the Beatles albums in 5.1 and Dolby Atmos I would not have believed them.

Back