Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deep Discount prepared a shipping label yesterday but didn't actually ship the package until today(not uncommon as I've experienced this with multiple purchases; music discs and others). It's now sitting in Pittsburgh with anticipated arrival time here in Massachusetts on wednesday. I'm guessing that it'll get here on tuesday, or possibly even monday. I leave for NY on sunday and return home on wednesday so it's a wash. Honestly, I can't complain, after all, if someone had told me 5 years ago that I'd have any of the Beatles albums in 5.1 and Dolby Atmos I would not have believed them.

And if anyone told you five years ago that some of those Beatles Remasters would be in DOLBY ATMOS you would've shaken your noggin and said:

"WHAT IN HELL IS DOLBY ATMOS?"

Bizarre and its not as if Glasgow & Dunfermline are that far apart! I know both as that area is where my father's family came from, I come from further north and east. Hopefully you'll get it soon. Amazon sent an email saying mine will arrive today but as it is now 6:30pm that is unlikely - still a possibility though!
Well astoundingly "Let It Be " has arrived!

However, I didn't know it had, because the <expletive deleted> delivery driver left it outside the porch, didn't open the door, or ring the door bell which is inside and very visible, also the porch door doesn't have a letter box, where as the front door does, so no excuse. 99% of the amazon deliverers open the door and leave inside, this must be the same <expletive deleted> one who left a book outside in the rain. Yes its a sh*t job, yes its difficult, long hours for very little money, but come on, all the others are able to open a door! Not impressed by the <expletive deleted> moron. :mad:

Well astoundingly "Let It Be " has arrived!

However, I didn't know it had, because the <expletive deleted> delivery driver left it outside the porch, didn't open the door, or ring the door bell which is inside and very visible, also the porch door doesn't have a letter box, where as the front door does, so no excuse. 99% of the amazon deliverers open the door and leave inside, this must be the same <expletive deleted> one who left a book outside in the rain. Yes its a sh*t job, yes its difficult, long hours for very little money, but come on, all the others are able to open a door! Not impressed by the <expletive deleted> moron. :mad:

OH, LET IT BE, Dunc! The important thing it arrived safely and you don't have to spend another boring Friday night staring at the ceiling or worse, yet, squabble with your imaginary friends?

See the source image

Last edited:
Bizarre and its not as if Glasgow & Dunfermline are that far apart! I know both as that area is where my father's family came from, I come from further north and east. Hopefully you'll get it soon. Amazon sent an email saying mine will arrive today but as it is now 6:30pm that is unlikely - still a possibility though!

There's some movement...it's now in Warrington ffs. At least the Hermes tracking number is being recognised now...it's been 'created'...brought into existence but that's all, nothing other than that. This is insane, apart from anything else how, in this era of climate emergency does it make sense to drive parcels all over the country and back again before delivering them.
Glad to see you received yours despite the person delivering being an idiot...hope it was in good nick.

"Two of Us" Is pretty cool As it was playing (the DTS HD 5.1 24/96 Rip) on my PC, I was thinking "Why didn't they put John Front Right and Paul Front Left. Then after solo'ing the channels, they sorta did! It's not hard discrete, but Paul is in the front left AND the center, and John is in the front right AND the center, but the center has the vocals almost on their own, and at a much higher level than the front and left channels. So you sorta get a 'stereo front', but there is some skewing with the vocal tracks to move them apart a bit.

If you mute the center, you do get the wide spread of the two singers, but their levels are considerably lowered.
Still kinda cool

"Across the Universe" is intersting. One of my favorite John tunes, if you only play the center channel, you get John and his guitar, only. That's it. It's, again, kinda cool. The 'female voices' are spread out around the fronts and rears, not exclusive to the rears. So the center is like an unplugged version of the tune! Oh, and on this tune, there is no LFE at all (on the DTS-HD 24-96 Rip)

There's some movement...it's now in Warrington ffs. At least the Hermes tracking number is being recognised now...it's been 'created'...brought into existence but that's all, nothing other than that. This is insane, apart from anything else how, in this era of climate emergency does it make sense to drive parcels all over the country and back again before delivering them.
Glad to see you received yours despite the person delivering being an idiot...hope it was in good nick.
Luckily it was and it was trying to rain! I only found it because I nipped down the pub so when opened the porch door there it was.

Back