Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Unbelievable footage.
I wish there was more info actually.
For example, between Jan 2nd and 10th Charlotte Martin left Clapton, stayed at George's, Pattie left, George kicked out Charlotte, and then Pattie came back. It's odd how often Clapton is mentioned... curious how many people knew about Charlotte during that week.

Part 3 Beatle Fans

16380041297723543394846407970648.jpg

Young Heather being given a lift, after imitating Yoko's singing ♥

I'm truly very sorry that it's over. Loved the rooftop footage! What was there? 60 hours of film all up? Maybe for fanatics they post a yearly series of one 70 minute per week for a year. I'd certainly maintain my membership throughout. Hanging out now for the physical disc release with the hope that there is an option to just watch the rooftop footage with available choices of camera but without cutting the sound from the band

Truly enjoyed the long trek of the first part! As an amateur musician with a home studio, I found the song-writing process fascinating (I need some partners to bitch at me to get 'er done, :) ). I liked how it ended with George leaving, made it rather dramatic even though you know what will happen in the long run. Have to binge the other 2 parts today.

Btw, I've had the Disney+ subscription for a while to watch the Marvel mini-series (streamed one of the new Hawkeye episodes just as a warm-up).

Speaking of sound, seemed to me the LIB doc was mono most of the time so far, although "spread out" to all the speakers. Can't wait to hear the roof concert today to judge the sound there.

Last edited:
What fascinated me was George's frustration with not being treated as an equal.

Although compromise is always needed in any collection of personalities, I believe we witnessed the first of many factors which led to deep frustrations and musical differences between the band's song writers.

Probably an accurate mirror of most bands progress and how they try to maintain a sense of worth for each member.

Yes it's long but totally captivating in every second of its warm, clever editing.

The Beatles: Get Back review – eight hours of TV so aimless it threatens your sanity
We have baby sitting duties all thanksgiving weekend. Talk about threatening sanity…the older one has Minecraft videos streaming all day long. I could use the eight hours of aimless Beatles content.

All Done:
1. Lots of cigarettes.
2. Shows a Dolby Atmos signal but never, has a signal strong enough to reach the heights. Basically Front L-C-R.
3. Sometimes boring, fascinating, frustrating.
4. I thought prior to release it was to dispel the tension of The Beatles, but even when they where laughing there was tension.
5. Ringo had the most boring job in the world.
6. Paul the leader with co leader John.
7. I felt so bad for George, clearly he could not wait to get out, he put on a happy face, Paul and George had the most tension, sad but true.
8. If this gets released as something you can buy, I'll pass, once was enough.
9. I did like how as a band they would release there tensions by playing others songs or mocking there own songs.
10. Thank God for Billy Preston to save the lads.

Since he was the youngest member of the band when he joined (13, I seem to recall?), appears to me he was always treated like the kid, while the grown-ups <lol> played.
Funny. Reading this post in email without looking at the thread name. I thought you were writing about Robbie Robertson, until I got to the treated like a kid part of course.

I still have to watch Part 3 (Tonight), but one thing is hard to deny - Paul McCartney was damn good at what he did. John appeared to hardly do anything but rehash some old ideas of his. Paul sits down, cranks out "Get Back", "Let it Be", "L&WR", and a bunch of valid tunes that would be on 'Abbey Road' and 'McCartney' and more. Heck, he sits down and sings "Another Day" while the rest of them talk. You may not like the guy for being bossy, but this series shows that it really was he that kept this group going, and that's why when he left, the rest of them just gave up and went their own way - happily, it seems. Esp George

I finally watched Part one, and won't reiterate what others have said, necessarily. A few thoughts:
* Peter Jackson and company did a marvelous job
* The whole idea of asking the Beatles to create a set of songs that could be played live, and then force them to do it in a few weeks, in a cavernous hideous Twickenham Studios, in front of running cameras, and completely disturbing their artistic process.....is shown to be even more ludicrous in this in-depth view. It's a miracle it came together at all.
* It's fun to see video of these "bootleg" audio classics (Suzie Parker, Commonwealth, etc) that we all are so familiar with via Swingin' Pig bootlegs, various versions of the LIB movie (laserdics, etc) . I've been listening to these for 50 years and finally get to see some of them that were edited out of the LIB movie.

Lookin forward to Parts Two and Three. My wife is not a diehard, hardcore fanatic but she enjoyed it nonetheless. However, it has very little repeat appeal.

Finished part 2 last night -- wonder what Paul thinks today about his statement to Ringo, while George has left the band, and John is missing, that "in 50 years we'll find this funny . . . there'll only be two Beatles!" Indeed, just Ringo and Paul now.

Couldn't help but think of QQ when the band is sitting in front of four speakers listening to a recording session and it is mentioned that Paul wonders why, you only have two ears! Sound is better on the second part, no doubt because they are in an Apple studio rather than a big warehouse.

I have a question for anyone who has watched Part 3.
When they play on the rooftop, behind Ringo, leaning against the walkway railing, is a black and red, looks like 2' X 2' square board. Looks like an image of a bullet going thru glass. At the end of concert someone picks it up, but for the life of me I don't know what it is. It also looked like modern graphics, not like 1969 graphics. I thought maybe it was a box for a bass drum head?
Someone should know, but I just can't figure it out.

Back