Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the success of recent the Queen/Freddie biopic I was wondering what music inspired movie would be next. Didn’t see this one coming.

I hope Mr Jackson finds it in his heart to play each song in it entirety AND IN SURROUND (mixed by Giles Martin in White Album style).

Most unfortunately, the Jackson family is up in arms concerning the content of Michael's biopic as it also deals with his 'innocent' sleepovers involving young boys. Tito was in tears during one of the interviews surrounding the film's release.

Leaving Neverland runs approximately four hours. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/movies/michael-jackson-movie-sundance.html

Most unfortunately, the Jackson family is up in arms concerning the content of Michael's biopic as it also deals with his 'innocent' sleepovers involving young boys. Tito was in tears during one of the interviews surrounding the film's release.

Leaving Neverland runs approximately four hours. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/movies/michael-jackson-movie-sundance.html

My understanding is Leaving Neverland deals with the two victims of Jackson's alleged abuse and isn't a "Michael biopic", as such. The second two hours deal with their recovery that took place after Michael's death.

Also, the Mr. Jackson who will be directing this upcoming Beatles' film is not related to Michael Jackson. He's the guy who made the Lords of the Rings movies.

My understanding is Leaving Neverland deals with the two victims of Jackson's alleged abuse and isn't a "Michael biopic", as such. The second two hours deal with their recovery that took place after Michael's death.

Also, the Mr. Jackson who will be directing this upcoming Beatles' film is not related to Michael Jackson. He's the guy who made the Lords of the Rings movies.

Yes, keywhiz, PETER Jackson.

Thanks for the clarification on the Michael Jackson Leaving Neverland flick.

I've never seen the original "Let It Be", and I'm a huge fan of Peter Jackson and The Beatles, so this is HUGE news for me!!! A new reason to live presents itself, lol!
Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Huge Beatles fan since Feb 64' but never seen Let It Be.
Saw Hard Day's Night in a theater at 7. Total chaos.
I have no qualms about handing the reins to Peter Jackson for this, in fact it's brilliant.
Obviously since it's The Beatles there will be gnashing of teeth, wailing in the streets & sack cloth & ashes from the announcement on.

To me, the film sounds like GREAT news. However, what would be even GREATER would be if what followed was a multi blu ray set that contained Jackson's film, then full song performances, (IN HD SURROUND of course), and a blu-ray audio that contained Let it Be and Let it Be naked, in hi res 5.1. Hopefully this news is like opening a door.

To me, the film sounds like GREAT news. However, what would be even GREATER would be if what followed was a multi blu ray set that contained Jackson's film, then full song performances, (IN HD SURROUND of course), and a blu-ray audio that contained Let it Be and Let it Be naked, in hi res 5.1. Hopefully this news is like opening a door.

Yes, Bender, Phil Spector was great at building WALLS.........just not as applied to SOUND. Let It Be Naked would be a GREAT addenda, IMO.

It's sad that we(music lovers)have to sit around and wait for these anniversary dates...pretty stupid really...why does a record company need an "excuse" to issue music...especially when you are talking about some of the music that is 50+ years old...I just saw something that provoked some thought....when is the cut off date for the "infamous" anniversary release...they are doing birthday dates for 100 years...Nat King Cole is getting a Centennial Release here...it's true that some bands have fan bases that span the generations...but most of the fans that really appreciated these releases will be gone...I guess it hits home to me that members on here that are no longer with us would have marveled at these releases...but they never got the chance...due to this antiquated ritual used by the record companies...think of all the releases that might have been marketed in the days when DVD-A was the new big thing if it wasn't for this contrived policy....what a crazy and frustrating business model...and here we are...sitting around waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
Very well said.

Fantastic news skherbeck. Anyone who has seen Peter Jackson's fantastic and eye opening World War I documentary "They Shall Not Grow Old" will agree this priceless Beatle's footage is in extraordinarily good hands.
Loved They Shall Not Grow Old. Saw it on a plane. On Armistice Day... Was quite moved. I relate to a lot of it...

The aim here is a documentary and if they found a way to make sitting through behind the scenes footage compelling, that's great. Not sure if I worded that right. It's material that's always compelling to fans but at the same time difficult to take in and stay focused with so many hours of footage. Assembling something so massive into a digestable format is not always trivial is what I mean.

Maybe I'm alone with this but I always thought that the most insulting thing you could do to a band and their music was to present it in a short attention span format with incomplete clips of songs like so many documentaries do. I get part of the idea. Presenting the story in a concise way. Music is a special case though and you just can't present an incomplete clip like that!

Let It Be with Spector's handling removed is one of the most wanted bits of musical revisionist history. The original Spector mix featured poor fidelity (compared to the Martin mixed singles) and the appalling elevator muzak style orchestral overdubs. Tapes running at the wrong speed. Missing tracks (elements) in the mixes. The whole gambit. The overall fidelity of the album should sit between the While album and Abbey Road as the singles do. Phil Spector...

That Let it Be Naked release...
Do you think that a project like that with one of the most popular bands in the world (and with the interest in a revisionist history take like this has) gave the project to someone who was inexperienced and they just released it botched like that? Or is the muffled sound that was obviously run through an aural exciter for a now simultaneous muffled and edgy character just obvious evidence that the multitrack tapes were degraded beyond saving? The aural exciter saturation made it work just well enough to get away with a CD release in the middle of the CD dark ages. The sad truth is the fidelity of the Spector mix is wholly superior and to the point it's even easier to tune out the muzak elements.

Back