Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the marketing department is riffing on a Psycho theme like Eleanor Rigby for the excitement factor. I’m still entitled to my tantrum until they clean up their messaging!

It has been a mess, for sure! One of the best examples of how NOT to announce an important music release. Make it nearly impossible to know for sure how this digital release (or releases?) is going to be done & if the download will include Atmos mix.

The idiots still haven't made this clear less than a month from release date. Unbelievable for such a high profile album.

Absolutely shitty marketing! Gross incompetence, deliberately hiding details or making it up as they go.

Last edited:
Absolutely shitty marketing! Gross incompetence, deliberately hiding details or making it up as they go.

I think it is just that they don't understand the proper terminology. It has gotten confusing, with downloads, streaming, different formats, etc. but that is no excuse, they should figure it out.

Dunno, but this Giles Martin interview popped up.
Says he's been in New York for the launch promotion.

They built him a "great big Atmos immersive room" so he can do playbacks to 30 people at a time.

I guess I tempered my disappointment that there was no surround version of Revolver (which is my favorite of their albums) by the belief that it was a 4 track only and so couldn't be separated. In the interview, the tech allowed him to separate the instruments out that he got from the cops, so now I am disappointed again.

It has been a mess, for sure! One of the best examples of how NOT to announce an important music release. Make it nearly impossible to know for sure how this digital release (or releases?) is going to be done & if the download will include Atmos mix.

The idiots still haven't made this clear less than a month from release date. Unbelievable for such a high profile album.

I contacted Burning Shed and tried to get the Download issue clarified which in the end they couldn't do. They contacted Universal to try and get a definitive answer to the question and Universal never replied. I certainly won't be forking out £130 for such an overpriced box set that I wouldn't play the half of. It's all a bit of a pigs ear at the moment.

Dunno, but this Giles Martin interview popped up.
Says he's been in New York for the launch promotion.

They built him a "great big Atmos immersive room" so he can do playbacks to 30 people at a time.

I was going to post this one which was suggested to me by Youhootooob but I was afraid to after the Eliot Scheiner post. :LOL: :cool::rolleyes:;)

By the way, it appears shipments of the Super Deluxe sets have been delayed by a week or two. Speculation running rampant that they are now going to include a BluRay with surround mix after all the complaints. That would be nice, but I’d be surprised…….

By the way, it appears shipments of the Super Deluxe sets have been delayed by a week or two. Speculation running rampant that they are now going to include a BluRay with surround mix after all the complaints. That would be nice, but I’d be surprised…….
I hope you are right but it sounds like wishful thinking. You'd think it would take more than a few weeks to create, mass produce, and package a Blu-ray to include.

Although,,,, I suppose they could include a voucher for a future Blu-ray that will be released as a stand-alone right before Christmas.,,,,

Now who is guilty of wishful thinking .... :LOL:

When the Get Back release was delayed, there was also speculation that additional content would be included in response to complaints. Needless to say that never happened and neither will a Blu-ray in the Revolver box set.

Yep, the 3 of them are already in Apple Music
im not a McCartney bAsher, and “McCartney“ has long been a favorite, but the new mix, especially the ATMOS, exposes how raw and un polished many of the performances were, along with the production.

im not a McCartney bAsher, and “McCartney“ has long been a favorite, but the new mix, especially the ATMOS, exposes how raw and un polished many of the performances were, along with the production.
Seems like a weird choice out of all the possible McCartney albums to give the Atmos treatment IMO.

Considering how and where it was recorded, its no surprise. I thought they did a decent job with the surround mix, again considering the source.

[First Post] I'm following this thread because there are so few that I've found that touch on the fact that thebeatles.com still mentions a special edition of Revolver with Hi Res 24bit 96kHz & Dolby Atmos. This edition is supposed to come with Hi Res Stereo, Atmos & the LP.

I would be interested in a Revolver Hi Res & Album edition, but so far I can't find any additional information.

https://www.thebeatles.com/announcing-revolver-special-editions-0
Revolver Special Edition (Standard): 14 tracks
Digital (New album mix in stereo & hi res 96kHz/24-bit stereo + new Dolby Atmos mix)
1CD in digipak (New stereo mix)
1LP (New stereo mix) on half-speed mastered 180-gram vinyl
Limited Edition 1LP vinyl picture disc (New stereo mix) illustrated with the album cover art

Back