Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a letdown.

I didn't see anything in the linked articles where an Atmos (or even a 5.1) remix was being planned for streaming or a physical release. Only some speculation from Giles on how the technology is progressing. Did I miss something?
apparently Amazon says they will have streaming of the album in Atmos in early November.

apparently Amazon says they will have streaming of the album in Atmos in early November.
What device do I need to connect this Atmos streaming to the 7.1 inputs of my pre-amp? Or is it possible to feed it into the Oppo 105 or 205 somehow?

Tomorrow Never Knows (Mono Mix RM 11)
Is this the early mix of TNK that had different orchestral bits and what not? If so, pretty cool that it’s included as it was only ever on a very limited pressing of the original vinyl and was quickly replaced with the one we all know.

If only they had included the 1966 stereo mix of SFF on the Pepper box…

Major travesty with the exclusion of the Blu-ray, although the new stereo mix might sound nice through a Surround Master.

Everyone, let's take a step back for a moment.
There's been no official announcement of this release from the Beatles, Apple, and/or Universal Music and as there has been no official announcement, the contents of this supposed release are not known at this time.

Let's wait until an official announcement happens and more details of the release are officially known before expressing any such disappointment.

kthanx

:)

What device do I need to connect this Atmos streaming to the 7.1 inputs of my pre-amp? Or is it possible to feed it into the Oppo 105 or 205 somehow?
This is the red herring.
The myth of Amazon Music "streaming in Atmos."
What they stream to is headphones, earbuds, or those silly Echo smart speakers.
Period.
If that's changed, I'm happy to be corrected.

Is streaming/atmos going to create a divide like vinyl/cd between surround enthusiasts? I can’t imagine they wouldn’t include a surround disc in the Revolver release. And later do an atmos stream? It’s pointless otherwise. Sure, I would love a 5.1 stand alone disc, thanks Floyd, at a reasonable price. It’s unfortunate to have to suck up the price for the bloated extras, but I’ll do it. I’m just happy to see this released

Last edited:
It won't be the first time a journalist stated incorrect information in an article. Then it gets tagged as a reference in Wikipedia and is claimed to be fact. Our QQ people here wouldn't make a mistake like that.
Variety are the source for all the other articles and they’ve had one on one interviews with Giles in the past so it’s as good as announced at this point.

It is funny they think all the albums prior to Peppers were done on two track though.

😃
Only the first two albums were two track. From AHDN to mid way through the White album were four track.

CD1: 2022 Stereo Mix by Giles Martin & Sam Okell
01. Taxman
02. Eleanorr Rigby
03. I'm Only Sleeping
04. Love You To
05. Here, There And Everywhere
06. Yellow Submarine
07. She Said She Said
08. Good Day Sunshine
09. And Your Bird Can Sing
10. For No One
11. Doctor Robert
12. I Want To Tell You
13. Got To Get You Into My Life
14. Tomorrow Never Knows
CD2: Sessions
01. Tomorrow Never Knows (Take 1)
02. Tomorrow Never Knows (Mono Mix RM 11)
03. Got To Get You Into My Life (First Version/ Take 5)
04. Got To Get You Into My Life (2nd Version/ Unnumbered Mix)
05. Got To Get You Into My Life (2nd Version)
06. Love You To (Take 1)
07. Love You To (Unnumbered Rehearsal)
08. Love You To (Take 7)
09. Paperback Writer (Takes 1 & 2/Backing Track)
10. Rain (Take 5)
11. Rain (Take 5/Slowed Down)
12. Doctor Robert (Take 7)
13. And Your Bird Can Sing (First Version/Take 2)
14. And Your Bird Can Sing (First Version/ Take 2/ Giggling)
CD3: Sessions
01. And Your Bird Can Sing (2nd Version/Take 5)
02. Taxman (Take 11)
03. I'm Only Sleeping (Rehearsal Frank Kapelgment)
04. I'm Only Sleeping (Take 2)
05. I'm Only Sleeping (Take 5)
06. I'm Only Sleeping (Mono Mix RM11)
07. Eleanor Rigby (Speech Before Take 2)
08. Eleanor Rigby (Take 2)
09. For No One (Take 10/Backing Track)
10. Yellow Submarine (Songwriting Work Tape/ Part 1)
11. Yellow Submarine (Songwriting Work Tape/ Part 1)
12. Yellow Submarine (Take 4 Before Sound Effects)
13. Yellow Submarine (Highlighted Sound Effects)
14. I Want To Tell You (Speech & Take 4)
15. Here, There And Everywhere (Take 6)
16. She Said She Said (John's Demo)
17. She Said She Said (Take 1/Backing Track)
CD4: 2022 Mono Transfer of original tape
CD5: Bonus EP
01. Paperback Writer (2022 Stereo)
02. Rain (2022 Stereo)
03. Paperback Writer (Mono)
04. Rain (Mono)

No surround. They can keep it.
I normally would agree…but…I really love this album…it has grown on me over time…might have to have it 😍

The last time I played my Revolver cd it had developed a couple of jumps, I was so looking forward to a 5.1 release at least, sounds like it will just have to be the basic cd again ☹️

Seems like there is a concerted effort to force people to streaming particularly for surround
The session outakes are interesting but likely won't be played too often.

I'm likely to still get this set even without surround but it's a major bummer.

Everyone, let's take a step back for a moment.
There's been no official announcement of this release from the Beatles, Apple, and/or Universal Music and as there has been no official announcement, the contents of this supposed release are not known at this time.

Let's wait until an official announcement happens and more details of the release are officially known before expressing any such disappointment.

kthanx

:)
Thanks for the clarification...the waters were getting pretty murky there for a second :ROFLMAO:

Back