Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion I would consider that MMT should and must be released in that now defacto full album.
To completely overlook it does a great injustice to any and all Beatle fans .
I agree 100%. At the very least, release the songs that were already released in surround. These are some of my favorites.

A standalone atmos/5.1 blu ray of Revolver and/or Rubber soul is on my wish list, but due to the money grabbing nature of these releases I doubt it will happen ☹️
At least enough copies of the Beatles box sets are made so that people don't get shut out if they wait to purchase them later. And the used market seems to be reasonable.

Hmm, so post-Revolver, if we took an inventory of what's out there that hasn't been done in surround (original versions) that could easily be done without waiting for further advances in de-mix technology. Stuff on 1+ doesn't count as it's stereo with rear reverb:

MMT:
Magical Mystery Tour
The Fool On The Hill
Flying
[DOUBLE EDIT: Blue Jay Way...and throw in that nice Hayward/Lodge album in its entirety too]
You're Mother Should Know
I Am The Walrus (The version on Love is a killer)
Hello Goodbye
Baby You're a Rich Man
All You Need Is Love (Love version is excellent although the garble at the end has to go.)

Yellow Submarine
Yellow Submarine
Only A Northern Song
All Together Now
Hey Bulldog
It's All Too Much

Past Masters:
Lady Madonna
The Inner Light (Well, I'll listen to it once, anyway.)
Hey Jude (Love version is cool, but chopped up.)
Revolution (Love version is quite good.)
Get Back (Single version)
Let It Be (Single version)
Don't Let Me Down (That this wasn't included on the Let It Be big box set is annoying.)
The Ballad Of John And Yoko (Should have been an Abbey Road bonus track)
Old Brown Shoe (Ditto)

That's 22 23 tracks. How about throwing us a bone and putting all of these into one Surround / Atmos box set? Perhaps find another track somewhere [EDIT: Perhaps You Know My Name (Look Up My Number)] [SECRET TRIPLE PROBATION EDIT: And throw in Strawberry and Penny anyway even though they are on Pepper.] bringing the total to 23 26 and release it next year. Name it Beatles 23 [QUAD-EDIT: Beatles 26 in 23]. Now wouldn't that be grand?

Last edited:
Hmm, so post-Revolver, if we took an inventory of what's out there that hasn't been done in surround (original versions) that could easily be done without waiting for further advances in de-mix technology. Stuff on 1+ doesn't count as it's stereo with rear reverb:

MMT:
Magical Mystery Tour
The Fool On The Hill
Flying
Hello Goodbye
Baby You're a Rich Man
All You Need Is Love (Love version is excellent although the garble at the end has to go.)

Yellow Submarine
Yellow Submarine
Only A Northern Song
All Together Now
Hey Bulldog
It's All Too Much

Past Masters:
Lady Madonna
Don't Let Me Down (That this wasn't included on the Let It Be big box set is annoying.)
Old Brown Shoe (Ditto)

That's 22 tracks. How about throwing us a bone and putting all of these into one Surround / Atmos box set? Perhaps find another track somewhere bringing the total to 23 and release it next year. Name it Beatles 23. Now wouldn't that be grand?
Maybe You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)?

MMT:
Magical Mystery Tour
The Fool On The Hill
Flying
Hello Goodbye
Baby You're a Rich Man

Yellow Submarine
Yellow Submarine
Only A Northern Song
All Together Now
Hey Bulldog
It's All Too Much

Past Masters:
Lady Madonna
Old Brown Shoe (Ditto)

That's 22 tracks. How about throwing us a bone and putting all of these into one Surround / Atmos box set? Perhaps find another track somewhere [EDIT: Perhaps You Know My Name (Look Up My Number)] bringing the total to 23 and release it next year. Name it Beatles 23. Now wouldn't that be grand?
"Day Tripper", "Rain", "Lady Madonna", and "Paperback Writer", would be nice too (although they are Revolver era).

"Day Tripper", "Rain", "Lady Madonna", and "Paperback Writer", would be nice too (although they are Revolver era).
I mentioned Lady Madonna (ca 1968) in the list, but not the other three. They probably could do something with the other three. If you have Day Tripper in the mix, then We Can Work It Out would have to be in there too. Revolver bonus tracks? Pleeeeeeeeeeease...oh pretty please.

They reissued all of the Caruso cylinders on disc records in the 1910s. I have one of them
"O Sole Mio"
I actually own this one!
1660051783113.png

scroll down to read the review on this link (or search the page for caruso):
https://www.audaud.com/45-sacd-and-dvd-a-hi-res-reviews-pt-1-classical-beg/
On another note, i'd love to see a release of this short and interesting collection of non-album tracks:
1660053669488.png
The Beatles
Hey Jude

Last edited:
I did indeed think about that song, but doesn't it only exist in mono (?) What does "the book" say about it boxhead?
If they could split it up into tracks, that song would make a neat surround sound extravaganza, and a nice memorial to Denis O'Dell.
The Anthology version is stereo IIRC correctly. Might be an alternate take though.

The complete "Blue Jay Way" would be nice

I'm guessing you're referring to the Beatles Recording Reference Manual? It records that a string octet was used, comprising 4 violins, 2 violas and 2 cellos. Here's the recording and mix-down diagram from the book:

So two of each of violins, violins, violas & cellos were recorded to tracks 1-4. These were then mixed down to a single track, which opened up three tracks for the addition of vocals, backing vocals, congas & finger cymbals. The asterisks indicate that the latter two were subsequently discarded and were replaced with a second Paul McCartney lead vocal, doubling the choruses of the song.

So based on this the unique elements available for a multichannel mix would be:

Violins (2)
Violins (2)
Violas (2)
Cellos (2)
Main Vocal 1
Main Vocal 2
Backing Vocals

Even if they were to use the De-Mix technology at Abbey Rd the most they could do would be to split each of the doubled up strings, and I'm not sure that that would achieve all that much.

Is there a chance they have all the pre-bounce tapes?

@ar surround........(you missed a couple of tracks 🤷‍♂️)

Magical Mystery Tour album tracks :

Magical Mystery Tour
2:51
The Fool On The Hill
2:58
Flying
2 :17
Blue Jay Way
3:55
Your Mother Should Know
2:29
I Am The Walrus
4:36
Hello, Goodbye
3:30
Strawberry Fields Forever
4:09
Penny Lane
3:01
Baby Your A Rich Man
3:04
All You Need Is Love
3:50

@ar surround........(you missed a couple of tracks 🤷‍♂️)

Magical Mystery Tour album tracks :

Magical Mystery Tour
2:51
The Fool On The Hill
2:58
Flying
2 :17
Blue Jay Way
3:55
Your Mother Should Know
2:29
I Am The Walrus
4:36
Hello, Goodbye
3:30
Strawberry Fields Forever
4:09
Penny Lane
3:01
Baby Your A Rich Man
3:04
All You Need Is Love
3:50
I left out Strawberry and Penny...thinking that they are on Sgt. Pepper's anniversary set in 5.1...but we are talking about a full blown ATMOS treatment so should be included. (So perhaps the album could be called Fizzywiggs' Fab Four Favs. :sneaky: )

Back