Beatles solo album (Ringo, McCartney) bootleg quadrasonic gold CDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sferentzy

Anyone know anything about these? I've seen them recently on eBay and such, where they seem to be selling CD versions of quad releases (Goodnight Vienna, Ringo, Venus & mars, etc.). But seeing as the Ringo quad mix was never released, and they're on "gold" CDs, I'm wondering what the heck these are. They prominently say "QUAD MASTER" on them and are manufactured to look as legit as possible, but I know they're not. Red rubber stamped like '90s bootleg CDs of Italian origin.

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

I've notice a ton of fake surround Beatles stuff on eBay lately. Makes me sick to see bootleg discs of albums that actually came out (Sgt Pepper/White Album/Abbey Road, etc) being sold. I know, this way the "little people" can get the stuff, and why don't the labels sell it themselves and be legit? I get that.

But some of these sellers are just printing money.

Anyone know anything about these? I've seen them recently on eBay and such, where they seem to be selling CD versions of quad releases (Goodnight Vienna, Ringo, Venus & mars, etc.). But seeing as the Ringo quad mix was never released, and they're on "gold" CDs, I'm wondering what the heck these are. They prominently say "QUAD MASTER" on them and are manufactured to look as legit as possible, but I know they're not. Red rubber stamped like '90s bootleg CDs of Italian origin.
Does it say what the format is on those boots? I mean ... Quad Masters on Gold CD's. what plays them?

I have looked at the Beatles albums in 7.1 I think DTS Master Audio on blu Ray audio from Japan at a very high price around the £70 to £80 price i wont get none official Blu_Ray audio disc I do have one the single collection on blu_Ray

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123-062945.png
    Screenshot_20200123-062945.png
    471.7 KB · Views: 306
Does it say what the format is on those boots? I mean ... Quad Masters on Gold CD's. what plays them?
It says nothing about the encoded format on the discs, and the seller didn't seem to fathom my question. He said I'd need a "quad system to play them back". I was pretty sure they weren't DTS encoded CDs of '70s quad mixes. Especially seeing as the only released one was Goodnight Vienna.

Stereo folds of the Q8s, not very good sound quality.
Thanks. That was my guess, knowing how creative (or not) CD bootleggers can be with this sort of thing. You've heard these discs? Can you attest to their bad sound quality?

It says nothing about the encoded format on the discs, and the seller didn't seem to fathom my question. He said I'd need a "quad system to play them back". I was pretty sure they weren't DTS encoded CDs of '70s quad mixes. Especially seeing as the only released one was Goodnight Vienna.
Only released Ringo Quad release, to be specific.

I own this collection (See photos below). I have only played them on my stereo CD player but I can definitely hear a distinctly different mix. I would love to decode the original quad mixes somehow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EBE19FF6-CBE0-4685-B757-DD2E74D6956D.jpeg
    EBE19FF6-CBE0-4685-B757-DD2E74D6956D.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 112
  • ECC27253-A49B-4F9D-A5B4-FFECBA5140F1.png
    ECC27253-A49B-4F9D-A5B4-FFECBA5140F1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • 032A1CD0-BD48-4786-8373-F50286BAD128.png
    032A1CD0-BD48-4786-8373-F50286BAD128.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • 1978F0EB-6710-4DF0-8ABB-E9004F8937A3.png
    1978F0EB-6710-4DF0-8ABB-E9004F8937A3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • 7DADF4F6-38BB-4F18-80CB-895F8DD73141.png
    7DADF4F6-38BB-4F18-80CB-895F8DD73141.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 257ECEE7-05B5-4BDB-B25E-C8BA4267341E.png
    257ECEE7-05B5-4BDB-B25E-C8BA4267341E.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • 2327D5DE-2623-4C5B-B64A-06CF2668AF44.png
    2327D5DE-2623-4C5B-B64A-06CF2668AF44.png
    940 KB · Views: 99
  • C9CD9229-503E-441C-9318-74F9065CA796.png
    C9CD9229-503E-441C-9318-74F9065CA796.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
They don't even tell you what encoding system they used.

If they are really Odeon masters, they would be SQ. But that 4 logo is characteristic of Stereo-4.

I own this collection (See photos below). I have only played them on my stereo CD player but I can definitely hear a distinctly different mix. I would love to decode the original quad mixes somehow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
They are most likely just fold downs from the Quad mix. If so no way to decode them back to the original mix. You could enhance them via Surround Master, or another Quad decoder even Dolby PL.

I see many titles there that were never released in quad, such as McCartney, Ram and Wings Wildlife. Would be cool if they were from actual quad masters and encoded somehow, but I very highly doubt it.

Last edited:
Of the releases in your photos, only the following have been released as quad mixes:

John Lennon: Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, Walls and Bridges
George Harrison: All Things Must Pass
Paul McCartney: Band on the Run, Venus and Mars
Ringo Starr: Ringo, Goodnight Vienna

Beatles releases include Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be.

With respect to the release dates, only the McCartney releases, the Starr releases and two of the Lennon releases date back to the quad era. Which begs the question, what might the rest actually be?

As far as playing back the quad mixes, I believe all of them except Walls and Bridges and the Starr disks have been released on modern Optical media. Parts of Walls and Bridges is also available on the Lennon Gimmie Some Truth compellation release.

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these are all unofficial (bootleg) releases..... 😲

Of the releases in your photos, only the following have been released as quad mixes:

John Lennon: Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, Walls and Bridges
George Harrison: All Things Must Pass
Paul McCartney: Band on the Run, Venus and Mars
Ringo Starr: Ringo, Goodnight Vienna

Beatles releases include Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be.

With respect to the release dates, only the McCartney releases, the Starr releases and two of the Lennon releases date back to the quad era. Which begs the question, what might the rest actually be?

As far as playing back the quad mixes, I believe all of them except Walls and Bridges and the Starr disks have been released on modern Optical media. Parts of Walls and Bridges is also available on the Lennon Gimmie Some Truth compellation release.

The Quadrasonics are all bootlegs, folded down from the Quad 8-Tracks.

RINGO was never mixed in Quad. Goodnight Vienna and Ringo 5.1 are Ringo's only multi-channel releases.

Chip Madinger
www.lennonology.com

The Quadrasonics are all bootlegs, folded down from the Quad 8-Tracks.
But for the majority of the titles shown in the photos, there was no Q8 release because they were never mixed to quad. Only the following were mixed to quad.

John Lennon: Imagine, Walls and Bridges
Paul McCartney: Band on the Run, Venus and Mars, Live and Let Die
Ringo Starr: Goodnight Vienna

RINGO was never mixed in Quad. Goodnight Vienna and Ringo 5.1 are Ringo's only multi-channel releases.
Not true. Ringo was mixed but never released on Q8. Ringo 5.1 was released on DVD-A

See the link Jon provided above.

But for the majority of the titles shown in the photos, there was no Q8 release because they were never mixed to quad. Only the following were mixed to quad.

John Lennon: Imagine, Walls and Bridges
Paul McCartney: Band on the Run, Venus and Mars, Live and Let Die
Ringo Starr: Goodnight Vienna, Ringo

Not true. Ringo was released on Q8. Ringo 5.1 was released on DVD-A

See the link Jon provided above.

I'm sorry, but the link above is not correct.

RINGO was never released in any multi-channel format. The artwork for a RINGO Quad-8 is a Photoshop forgery.

For 720-pages on all things solo-Beatles, check out the book Eight Arms To Hold You.

I'm sorry, but the link above is not correct.

RINGO was never released in any multi-channel format. The artwork for a RINGO Quad-8 is a Photoshop forgery.

For 720-pages on all things solo-Beatles, check out the book Eight Arms To Hold You.
Yes I realized the error and corrected my post. Ringo was not released.

Still the fact is that of the 20 titles shown in the photo, only 6 were actually released on Q8

Back