Beatles solo album (Ringo, McCartney) bootleg quadrasonic gold CDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but the link above is not correct.

RINGO was never released in any multi-channel format. The artwork for a RINGO Quad-8 is a Photoshop forgery.

For 720-pages on all things solo-Beatles, check out the book Eight Arms To Hold You.

I defer to your knowledge, of course, but I also have to stand up for mine. No where on that page do I infer that the "Ringo" album was mixed or released in quad. Check it out and read what I wrote. The label that is on that page was in fact sold (for quite a large amount) on eBay, I don't recall the date but it was almost 20 years ago, and if it was faked they did a great job, but again, that page does NOT state that the title was prepared, mixed, or ever released

I defer to your knowledge, of course, but I also have to stand up for mine. No where on that page do I infer that the "Ringo" album was mixed or released in quad. Check it out and read what I wrote. The label that is on that page was in fact sold (for quite a large amount) on eBay, I don't recall the date but it was almost 20 years ago, and if it was faked they did a great job, but again, that page does NOT state that the title was prepared, mixed, or ever released

I don't think it was faked. I remember the auction. The dude had SHEETS of UNCUT Q8 slickers for sale. I believe he cut up one sheet to sell individually. I think he had 3-4 full sheets. One must assume if they were printing up slickers.... it must have been mixed and mastered.

Where was that letter from Capitol Records advising of upcoming Q8 releases? Didn't it also specifically mention the Ringo album and then in on a later letter, they redact the earlier statement and re-adjust their number of released Q8's from 24 to 22?

They are most likely just fold downs from the Quad mix. If so no way to decode them back to the original mix. You could enhance them via Surround Master, or another Quad decoder even Dolby PL.

That depends on what kind of quad mix there was and how it was folded down.

If the recording was in matrix quad (including Dolby Surround), there is no real way to "fold it down" except to use the original recording.
If the recording was in CD-4, the folddown would be the baseband L and R.

That depends on what kind of quad mix there was and how it was folded down.

If the recording was in matrix quad (including Dolby Surround), there is no real way to "fold it down" except to use the original recording.
If the recording was in CD-4, the folddown would be the baseband L and R.
Very highly unlikely, very few of those titles were ever released in quad. It's even more unlikely that a new encode would of been done from a discrete source. I believe that these are totally bogus. If anyone can confirm that they are in fact encoded then I want to get some of them boots or not!

Here is a link to "Imagine", I'm not at all interested in that as I already have the SQ, RM LP's and the box set with the blu-ray. And for $150! Notice that the label says "Stereo mix from the direct discrete four channel tape" no mention of any encoding!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/124768873071?hash=item1d0ccdea6f:g:lIoAAOSwi3FgxDqL

Last edited:
I was looking into these today, since my Captain Beyond rips are on a hard drive, I can't access:(.

Bootlegs from the 90s that are stereo fold downs. I don't know why anyone would bother; surround fold downs are the WORST kind of bootleg clutter in the Beatle community (suffer the pain of listening to 20 stereo "mixes" of the front and rear channels for each track and you'll know what I'm talking about). Unnecessary these days. especially since there are better digital options, but they're still out there (there's a stereo fold down of the "Atmos" Japanese disc of Revolver, already out there :oops: )

Back