Beatles Yellow Submarine returning to theaters this summer in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just an omission of the word AND...or does someone really think there is such a thing as a 5.1 stereo tracko_O

According to the Cambridge English Dictionary:

Stereo: a device that plays recorded sound through two or more speakers, or sound produced this way.

We should use this definition to our advantage by reminding the labels that 5.1 is stereo. Then perhaps they will give us more stuff in 5.1 STEREO. :51QQ

According to the Cambridge English Dictionary:

Stereo: a device that plays recorded sound through two or more speakers, or sound produced this way.

We should use this definition to our advantage by reminding the labels that 5.1 is stereo. Then perhaps they will give us more stuff in 5.1 STEREO. :51QQ

So...the Steve Hoffman Forum is actually a multi-channel community:SB...I have been a member there 4 years....maybe I should start posting now:sneaky:

Has anyone else seen this in the theaters this week? I've never been a fan of the art style, or silliness(?), but am curious if others agree that the surround mix has been changed to be more front-heavy / less discrete than the dvd/bluray mix? It's playing tonight and I'm on the fence.

Has anyone else seen this in the theaters this week? I've never been a fan of the art style, or silliness(?), but am curious if others agree that the surround mix has been changed to be more front-heavy / less discrete than the dvd/bluray mix? It's playing tonight and I'm on the fence.

See my post, above. "Front-heavy" was certainly my experience--but it may have been the less than state-of-the-art sound system. Visually, though, the restored print was beautiful.

See my post, above. "Front-heavy" was certainly my experience--but it may have been the less than state-of-the-art sound system. Visually, though, the restored print was beautiful.

It really is tough to judge a mix in a run of the mill theater. I've had multi-channel DCPs that I had a hand in, so I knew the mixes quite well. So it was initially quite surprising to find overall levels, balance, tonality, etc could vary wildly from theater to theater. More so than I had anticipated,

Back