Quad LP/Tape Poll Beck, Bogert & Appice: Beck, Bogert & Appice [SQ/Q8/DTS]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Beck, Bogert & Appice"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5: Mediocrity Central

• 1: Sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Epic EQ 32140 from 1973.

Side 1:

Black Cat Moan
Lady
Oh to Love You
Superstition

Side 2:

Sweet Sweet Surrender
Why Should I Care
Lose Myself with You
Livin' Alone
I'm So Proud

Beck Bogert SQ.jpeg

ED :)

Great album, great songs, great playing from THE greatest rock drummer ever. 10

Ahhh! Cactus!! The american led zep. I had the pleasure of meeting them once-I think it was like 71-72, they played a real small club here and my friends stinky band was a cover band-after Cactus did one set-my friends band refused to play anymore - they really were bad, and using the PA that Cactus brought, made it even worse because you could hear how bad the vocals were. funny shit-really!
But-What a band! Dynamic and tight! And in your face! real small venue.
The bad? I was just kinda new to Rock music, It took me a few years to realize who they were.

I gave this a 9. Fantastic musicianship, great mix, and strong material.

Agreed that Carmine is a fantastic drummer. I'd vote for Moon or Ginger Baker as the greatest.

One day, a client who sold rock memorabilia came by. He said he was meeting with Carmine. Coincidentally, I had my CD of the first Vanilla Fudge at work. I gave him the cover, and he got it autographed. He also returned with a pair of autographed sticks, all gratus.

Rhino I believe finally issued the infamous Roachchester (FM broadcast of Rochester show) a couple years ago and that was mighty fine.

Here, Lady is quintessential quad!

8 here.

I finally got around to playing the SQ. This is a really great disc! I too am a fan of Vanilla fudge (I'm sorry I didn't listen to this earlier).

Awesome tracks with an equally awesome mix. I wonder why this disc isn't talked about much more, it really is up there with some of the best quads!

This is a fine LP with a lot of talent on it, Sounds really good, and a pretty quiet recording with very little noise. Might be because my album is mint - I unsealed it. Nice amount of bass and a good mix as far as I can tell with my SQ decoder. I should play this more often. "8"

Back