HiRez Poll Beck - GUERO [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Beck - GUERO

• Total voters
Thanks for pointing out that the LFE track is inverted.

I have this release and I've ripped it to FLAC, however being on Mac I can't use HomerJAU 's Music Media Helper. I do have access to Adobe Audition but I'm a novice on editing multichannel mixes such as this. Can anyone point me to some directions on how to correct this in Audition?

TIA...

Update: Thanks to @ted_b for the help

Last edited:
Beck is admittedly my favorite active artist. With that said I rate this disk a 10. I have owned it since its release. I loved the music from day one - but at the time I had remembered being slightly disappointed in the surround mix (especially compared to the Sea Change SS Mix). I now realize that my disappointment was steeped in the limitations of my system at the time - not digitally balanced correctly. Sea Change will sound good on just about any setup. Guero on the other hand has - as others have said - a lot going on. It can sound messy if not on a properly calibrated setup. This mix is awesome on brilliant music. Definitely a 10

Just found this in a second hand record shop - in good nick and great price. It's a great album, isn't it? I don't know a lot of Beck beyond Seachange, but this is very adventurous, in a World Party Goodbye Jumbo kind of way. And the CD is so long, with all of these extra tracks. Looking forward to hearing the DVDA when I get a chance. Judging by the comments here, it's a treat. :)

And the CD actually has 7 extra songs making a total of 20 songs.

Thanks. This was the info I was looking for. I realized the other day I hadn't ripped this, and couldn't find the extra tracks on the DVDA. Now I know why...

Posts, 37,38 and 39 are a hoot in this thread.

This Beck album isn't actually music is a hilarious take!

Back