BluRay Music Video Poll Beck, Jeff - LIVE AT RONNIE SCOTT'S [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Beck, Jeff - LIVE AT RONNIE SCOTT'S

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2008 live release from Jeff Beck entitled "Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's".
Filmed in November 2007 at Ronnie Scott's jazz club in London, the audio was mixed by Alan Branch in 5.1 surround.

(y) :) (n)
Beck BD Front.jpeg

Beck BD Back.jpeg

beck Disc.jpeg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/jeff-beck-live-at-ronnie-scotts.11338/

Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2008 live release from Jeff Beck entitled "Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's".
Filmed in November 2007 at Ronnie Scott's jazz club in London, the audio was mixed by Alan Branch in 5.1 surround.

(y) :) (n)
View attachment 77263
View attachment 77264

View attachment 77265
Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/jeff-beck-live-at-ronnie-scotts.11338/
One of my absolute favorite live shows and I mirror what Mr. Romano said as the OP of that Pre-release thread. Jeff Beck makes playing the guitar look soooo much easier than it actually is, and is deservedly a Rock Guitar God.

There are live shows with more rear surround action than this one, but the performances of the musicians transcends even that aspect.

I just hope @Bob Romano has the Blu-ray version of this!

A 10 for me.

I hadn't watched this for a few years, thanks for putting up this poll! Awesome show, awesome recording! Beck was on top of his game, he completely owns the guitar. The film work is outstanding in this very small venue. All the accompanying performers are superb, but the thing I remember most is the performance by the bass player -- Tal Wilkenfeld...man oh man!!! A must have for any Beck fan. Oh...and EC shows up for a couple of numbers, too.

There's not much surround mixing here to speak of and the mix isn't going to win any awards. But this performance would be engaging coming out of a little cassette thingy with a 2" speaker! I don't know what species these creatures even are but if you like music, this needs to be heard (and seen). I don't think humans could do this. And that girl creature on bass... wow in about 17 different ways! Jeff Beck is god.

There's not much surround mixing here to speak of and the mix isn't going to win any awards. But this performance would be engaging coming out of a little cassette thingy with a 2" speaker! I don't know what species these creatures even are but if you like music, this needs to be heard (and seen). I don't think humans could do this. And that girl creature on bass... wow in about 17 different ways! Jeff Beck is god.

Agreed! Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that riveting performance. As far as 'surround mixing' is concerned, just relish Beck's totally ungimmicked performance and the stunning assistance from his bandmates, soloists and yes that simply amazing 'girl creature' on bass ...and what a find she was!

See the source image
Australian bassist [singer, songwriter & guitarist]] Tal Wilkenfeld

Last edited:
This is by far the best Live Jeff Beck video available. On Blu Ray its smashing. I have watched it at least 10 times. No man plays guitar like Jeff. Top fellow musicians!! ok the surround on live music should at least give you the feeling that you are also sitting in this small jazz club and immerses you in this setting. And it does just that! A 10 for me!

One of my absolute favorite live shows and I mirror what Mr. Romano said as the OP of that Pre-release thread. Jeff Beck makes playing the guitar look soooo much easier than it actually is, and is deservedly a Rock Guitar God.

There are live shows with more rear surround action than this one, but the performances of the musicians transcends even that aspect.

I just hope @Bob Romano has the Blu-ray version of this!

A 10 for me.
Agreed! And I do have the BluRay. That Tal Wilkenfeld is amazing.

The whole band is amazing but the best part of the whole show is the bass solo during Cause We've Ended As Lovers. It's like she snaps out of a trance and realizes the Jeff Beck is just watching her in amazement.
Oh man, TOTALLY—just watched it for the first time this morning; the whole show, sound, everything, is absolutely stellar as others have said—but I was thinking "for my money, this is up there with the tastiest bass solos I've ever heard... and might even take the cake."

I didn't know this was out there. I love Jeff Beck and saw him live in 73, 76, 80 and the ARMs benefit concert for Ronnie Lane in 83. Seeing Beck, Clapton, Ronnie Wood and Jimmy Page all play together was astounding and Beck blew them all away in my opinion...he always has. I saw him again just a few years ago and the show was so-so. I think he has a reputation for being in a mood to play or not.

I didn't know this was out there. I love Jeff Beck and saw him live in 73, 76, 80 and the ARMs benefit concert for Ronnie Lane in 83. Seeing Beck, Clapton, Ronnie Wood and Jimmy Page all play together was astounding and Beck blew them all away in my opinion...he always has. I saw him again just a few years ago and the show was so-so. I think he has a reputation for being in a mood to play or not.
Yes, you definitely have to make up for lost time by seeking this one out. Jeff Beck, like Van Morrison, the Grateful Dead, etc., is known for being either on or off in concert. I was fortunate enough to see him on an “on night” at the Fillmore East, fronting the original Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood. Back then, of course, I had no idea as to just how lucky I was to be there.

Back