BluRay Music Video Poll Beck, Jeff - LIVE AT RONNIE SCOTT'S [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Beck, Jeff - LIVE AT RONNIE SCOTT'S

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
No love for Vinnie C. on drums?
Yes, lots of Vinnie love; focus on the outstanding drumming on this one

I didn't know this was out there. I love Jeff Beck and saw him live in 73, 76, 80 and the ARMs benefit concert for Ronnie Lane in 83. Seeing Beck, Clapton, Ronnie Wood and Jimmy Page all play together was astounding and Beck blew them all away in my opinion...he always has. I saw him again just a few years ago and the show was so-so. I think he has a reputation for being in a mood to play or not.
I get what you're saying; the only time I saw Jeff Beck live, Stevie Ray Vaughan opened for him and Jeff's show just didn't resonate with me, wayyyy too much fiddling with weird whammy bar antics and the song selection just seemed odd.

Oops... And I saw him when he opened up for Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble which was the last performance Stevie Ray Vaughan played at the garden before the helicopter crashed. I checked out the setlist on this disc and there's not a lot of his great stuff from Blow by Blow, Wired and There and Back. During his There and Back tour he had Jan Hammer with him and I had that keyboard sound in my head for the rest of the night... he was a little bit loud and Beck wasn't in the mood to play his best...

I saw him again in 2016 and was not impressed any longer. I saw some of the Ronnie Scott's video on YouTube of this show and it's just ok. It is selling very cheap on eBay so I may grab it anyway.

He's brilliant on the Ronnie Scott's video and he was brilliant both times I saw him live, decades apart -- on the There and Back tour, and a few years ago.

He's also the only guitar god from that era that kept growing and trying new things musically.

I just ordered this on Blu-ray, from Amazon U.S. but sold by "Amazon Global Store UK" so it's the European release, appears to be this version with barcode 5051300502072. It carries the usual Amazon warning about regions and that this might not play on North American players. I've learned to ignore these warnings in the past, but I wondered if any of you in the U.S. have this particular version and can verify whether it is actually region free or not (I have an Oppo BDP-95 which I believe automatically converts PAL encoding to NTSC if needed, so the only potential snag is the region).

I've had this on my list for years, and hearing the sad news about Jeff's death spurred me to get it, and there already seems to be a shortage and/or high prices, so I jumped at this one. Hope it works, really looking forward to seeing and hearing what seems to be universally hailed as a master performance.

I just ordered this on Blu-ray, from Amazon U.S. but sold by "Amazon Global Store UK" so it's the European release, appears to be this version with barcode 5051300502072. It carries the usual Amazon warning about regions and that this might not play on North American players. I've learned to ignore these warnings in the past, but I wondered if any of you in the U.S. have this particular version and can verify whether it is actually region free or not (I have an Oppo BDP-95 which I believe automatically converts PAL encoding to NTSC if needed, so the only potential snag is the region).

I've had this on my list for years, and hearing the sad news about Jeff's death spurred me to get it, and there already seems to be a shortage and/or high prices, so I jumped at this one. Hope it works, really looking forward to seeing and hearing what seems to be universally hailed as a master performance.
I received my Live At Ronnie Scott's Blu-ray today, only 8 days after ordering, from the UK to Kentucky - pretty fast! I'm a few songs into it now, with a big smile on my face: it's fantastic, just as advertised (just a bit bittersweet, thinking about what a loss his sudden unexpected passing away is).

The main reason I'm following up on this is to let people in North America know that you can order this from Europe without worrying about the region, it's Region 0... at least this version is, with barcode number 5051300502072. Unfortunately it's no longer available from the "Amazon Global Store UK" via amazon.com where I bought it, but if you can find it new or used somewhere for a non-obscene price, it's well worth it.

Back