Beginner question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boojidad

I got a quad receiver for free from a guy who had it as a project he didn't have time for. He warned me in advance that it wasn't working right, so I'm seeing what DOES work right. PLEASE NOTE: I'm not an electronics guy, and will probably end up taking this to a good electronics guy I know. But in the meantime, I have a general question: on quad receivers, are the REC OUT jacks usually pre- or post-quad decoding? Like if I play an album using the onboard SQ decoder, will I get the four channels separated between LF/LR/REF/RR? Or does it just pass the encoded 2-channels through just the way they are on the disc?

FYI: the receiver is a Kenwood KR-6340.

I got a quad receiver for free from a guy who had it as a project he didn't have time for. He warned me in advance that it wasn't working right, so I'm seeing what DOES work right. PLEASE NOTE: I'm not an electronics guy, and will probably end up taking this to a good electronics guy I know. But in the meantime, I have a general question: on quad receivers, are the REC OUT jacks usually pre- or post-quad decoding? Like if I play an album using the onboard SQ decoder, will I get the four channels separated between LF/LR/REF/RR? Or does it just pass the encoded 2-channels through just the way they are on the disc?

FYI: the receiver is a Kenwood KR-6340.
Welcome boojidad. May I call you booji? I had a Kenwood 9940 & everything decoded SQ/RM /
CD-4 was out putted from the REC OUT jacks
So that's good.

Back