Beomaster 6000 quad Beomaster Type 2702

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beo

Dear members,

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get a 4 channel (quadraphonic) signal from a Mac to the tape 4 (Din5 ) input or Phono 4 (Din 5) input in a Beomaster 6000 quad Beomaster Type 2702? I want to test the quadrophonic decoder while I wait on a suitable analogue device to play vinyl or open reel tape.

Hi, I'm guessing here, but since that is a four channel quadraphonic system, maybe it has four-channel discreet tape inputs (I could not find a manual to find out for sure). My guess is a four-RCA to DIN5, maybe this would work if the pin-out is correct DIN - Phono RCA - Cables, adapters and converters | AV-Connection

Phono input would be two channel (two RCA) and is a low level input, it would not accept line level from a computer (phono input is for phono only). (Two-RCA to DIN5 adapter).

It is a difficult question for me to answer because it seems like two questions. I would have to have an owners manual for the unit to know for sure, but it seems like the first question is how to connect four line-level signals into a quad receiver? Typically, that would be through a discreet four channel input. ( 4 RCA in US, DIN in others).
It seems like the second question is how to test the quadraphonic decoder that is internal to the receiver? That would be to connect a standard turntable (using 2-RCA to DIN5 for phono input), then the receiver decodes matrix records to output to the four independent channels.

Last edited:
c836185c-0722-451c-8b20-12f611d220ab.jpg

I've attached SQ test file that I keep on my phone, it has 8 positions(four corners/phantom centers, 10 seconds each), try playing it using the "AUX 2CH" input while in SQ mode. Maybe "TAPE 4CH FRONT" might work while in SQ mode but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• SQ Test (8 Positions).zip
    157.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Maybe what I wrote above about phono input is in error. The unit pictured is labeled Phono4CH, did some B & O turntables have a built-in CD-4 demodulator? Would that make this another four channel discrete line-level input? The owner's manual would help a lot.

Maybe what I wrote above about phono input is in error. The unit pictured is labeled Phono4CH, did some B & O turntables have a built-in CD-4 demodulator? Would that make this another four channel discrete line-level input? The owner's manual would help a lot.

afaik the Beogram 6000 had a bulit-in CD-4 demodulator

has your CD-4 experience with the B&O been a positive one?

The Beogram 6000's CD-4 performance is average. Got better performance from a Shure M24H and Marantz CD-400B combo. I attribute this to the sonically unremarkable MMC6000 cartridge. But nothing beats the look of the Beomaster-Beogram 6000 combo...the most beautiful quad equipment I've ever seen.

Back