Berliner Philarmoniker strikes again! 5.1 Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Got an email from them with a new set on BD 5.1 for Bach's St. John's Passion and St. Matthew's Passion (OMG ,I used to sing this as a tenor back from 84 to 86!!!!) conducted by Simon Rattle...

I know that most of you didn't get the Beethoven Symphonies box set on BD, which is an excellent MCH mix AND quite affordable , about $70 (with some awesome downloadable extras!!!), if it's the same quality as these, then I'd say it's worth it for those of you who are into this stuff....

Cheers.!!!

:smokin:

Wow--I'd like to find that in my Easter basket. Would also love to see DG pull a rabbit out of a hat and produce 5.1 mixes of their recordings of Golijov's La Pasión según San Marcos and/or Adams's The Gospel According to the Other Mary (which has a libretto by Sellars).

Speaking of Adams: did you get BH's Adams set?

And shipping is "only" 10 euros from their site... Priority... I think I'm going to sleep before I pull the trigger on these ones...

Bought both Bach's and Beethoven's symphonies. I'll report back when I receive them.
One of the reasons of the purchase is because I want to play more classical music to my son, prog is not everything in life... Or is it? :)
I started some time ago with Mozart and saint John's Passion by Bach, but never played Beethoven to him. I've never listened to the complete symphonies, so we will discover them at the same time. We shall see how it goes...

Bought both Bach's and Beethoven's symphonies. I'll report back when I receive them.
One of the reasons of the purchase is because I want to play more classical music to my son, prog is not everything in life... Or is it? :)
I started some time ago with Mozart and saint John's Passion by Bach, but never played Beethoven to him. I've never listened to the complete symphonies, so we will discover them at the same time. We shall see how it goes...

Well,,,prog encompasses basically everything!!!..but , yes Classical is good!
BTW, you won't regret it and DO report "bach about the Bach"!!!!

Back