Best concert surround recording?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1639280066528.png
1639280087051.png

Nine Inch Nails-Beside you in Time. ES mix, rocks really hard.:devilish:
Technically it’s GREAT!!! But performance wise I prefer And All That Could Have Been by a LONG SHOT…this show is too clean and over produced in comparison for this type of music IMHO😁 Beside You In Time is missing the EDGINESS🔥

If I’m pissed off ATCHB is my go to video to SCREAM along with!!!! LMAO😂😂😂

Last edited:
Roy Orbison - Black & White Night (Make sure to get the original version with the Elliot Scheiner mix)

Hi, Are you saying the 30th anniversary blu ray does not contain the Elliot Scheiner mix?
If so what options do i have for the ES surround mix, just the original sacd or dvd?

Hi, Are you saying the 30th anniversary blu ray does not contain the Elliot Scheiner mix?
If so what options do i have for the ES surround mix, just the original sacd or dvd?
There is a blu ray version of the original with ES mix. I have it and it is excellent. Out of print but you can find it on eBay. For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185224669906

Steven Wilson - Home Invasion: Live At The Royal Albert Hall
Loggins & Messina - Sittin' In Again: Live At The Santa Barbara Bowl
Eagles - Farewell I Tour: Live From Melbourne
Pineapple Thief - Nothing But The Truth
Big Big Train - Empire
Great list, Jonathan. I’d add Porcupine Tree Anesthetize.

Nirvana unplugged in New York, Pink Floyd at Pompeii, Led Zep Celebration Day and Talking Heads Stop Making Sense are my current favourites (from the limited collection I have)

I haven't noticed it mentioned much here but Yello's Live In Berlin is a fantastic blu-ray with a very immersive 4.1 surround and one of my favorite concert discs. This is a great intro to the band if you only know them from the Dolby Atmos mix of their Point album. It is beautifully shot at Kraftwerk Berlin in 2016 and features a full live band. There's some excellent LFE content too.

Rarewaves has it for $16.99 at the moment: LIVE IN BERLIN - YELLO BLU-RAY

Back