Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave the Bitch got me this T shirt for Xmas, just perfect! Oh thats me waving my hands around next to my Nakamichi Dragon Electrostatics- they are actually quite big at 5 feet 2 height

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_100604-min.jpg
    IMG_20200118_100604-min.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_20200118_100513_BURST001_COVER-min.jpg
    IMG_20200118_100513_BURST001_COVER-min.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 181
Dear Vinyl nuts

My turntable (Technics 120, SME arm and my beloved ADC ZLM cartridge) has been banished to be neatly tucked away in a cabinet for the last few years with crap access to even open its lid, so in consequence I never played the thing! Well I finally busted it out onto a separate table so I can enjoy life again.

Only problem is the f#$!ing clicks and pops in my vinyls that have only ever been played once - straight onto my Nakamichi ZX7 with HiCom noise reduction onto TDK SAX tape. OK I can use my declicker given to me by RustyandI or some software but that's no fun.

So here is part 1 of my solution - WOOD GLUE. I will peal it off tomorrow hopefully along with the clicks.

Goodby Yellow Brick Road Clicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20200504_230433.jpg

Dear Vinyl nuts

My turntable (Technics 120, SME arm and my beloved ADC ZLM cartridge) has been banished to be neatly tucked away in a cabinet for the last few years with crap access to even open its lid, so in consequence I never played the thing! Well I finally busted it out onto a separate table so I can enjoy life again.

Only problem is the f#$!ing clicks and pops in my vinyls that have only ever been played once - straight onto my Nakamichi ZX7 with HiCom noise reduction onto TDK SAX tape. OK I can use my declicker given to me by RustyandI or some software but that's no fun.

So here is part 1 of my solution - WOOD GLUE. I will peal it off tomorrow hopefully along with the clicks.

View attachment 50621

ooh!! lets hope it all peels off and its not "goodbye" to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road!! 😬

best of luck! please do let us know how you get on with it!! 🙏

steelydave has been trying to convince me to do the wood glue trick on clicky LPs for ages but i've been too nervous to take the plunge and squirt all that white stuff all over the discs! 💦 😱

steelydave has been trying to convince me to do the wood glue trick on clicky LPs for ages but i've been too nervous to take the plunge and squirt all that white stuff all over the discs! 💦 😱

I've done it in the past but haven't noticed the dramatic improvement others have.

It is weirdly satisfying to peel it off, though!

I have encountered silicone rubber material that is permanetly sticky. If it get all fuzzy from picking up random dirt & dust you just wash it off & it's super sticky again. Make this into something cylindrical & construct like a lint roller & it would work much better on records than a dry cleaner. And not as crazy as using wood glue!

I have encountered silicone rubber material that is permanetly sticky. If it get all fuzzy from picking up random dirt & dust you just wash it off & it's super sticky again. Make this into something cylindrical & construct like a lint roller & it would work much better on records than a dry cleaner. And not as crazy as using wood glue!
They've already got those... they're called Cat lint rollers o_O

They've already got those... they're called Cat lint rollers o_O
Ya mean like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Remover-Refills-Clothes-Durable-4Refills/dp/B0752TP86M
It states high tach adhesive but doesn't say if it re washable silicone rubber or not. If it was I don't think there would be need for replacement rolls. I'd be concerned that adhesive residue would be left behing. But still those are details. You've got me curious. Pet shops are still open, I'll check it out cuz record cleaning products are definetly essential.

Ya mean like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Remover-Refills-Clothes-Durable-4Refills/dp/B0752TP86M
It states high tach adhesive but doesn't say if it re washable silicone rubber or not. If it was I don't think there would be need for replacement rolls. I'd be concerned that adhesive residue would be left behing. But still those are details. You've got me curious. Pet shops are still open, I'll check it out cuz record cleaning products are definetly essential.
It sure would take some research, there's tons of these out there.

Dear Vinyl nuts

View attachment 50621

Hi. Chucky
The only way to keep your collection of LP`s clean is to have a Ultrasonic Cleaner it might be a little expensive in my case with well over a 1000 LP`s to clean it`s a no brainer it brings them out like new but want get rid of scratch or a bad scuff, I swear by a Ultrasonic cleaner unit for what it can do.
motorfixture3.png
ultrasonic%201.jpg

A couple of weeks ago before...covic... I came across this item on eBay a sticky roller it reminded me of something from the 80`s that was used to clean LP`s and it was not cheap this one on eBay was a few $ and free postage of course from China so I bought it and in use I found it done a grate job of getting airborne particles of the LP after the 3rd. LP it had to be washed so I was very impressed..
BBQ...

IMG_0263.JPG

Hi. Chucky
The only way to keep your collection of LP`s clean is to have a Ultrasonic Cleaner it might be a little expensive in my case with well over a 1000 LP`s to clean it`s a no brainer it brings them out like new but want get rid of scratch or a bad scuff, I swear by a Ultrasonic cleaner unit for what it can do.
View attachment 50660View attachment 50661

A couple of weeks ago before...covic... I came across this item on eBay a sticky roller it reminded me of something from the 80`s that was used to clean LP`s and it was not cheap this one on eBay was a few $ and free postage of course from China so I bought it and in use I found it done a grate job of getting airborne particles of the LP after the 3rd. LP it had to be washed so I was very impressed..
BBQ...

View attachment 50662
How much did the ultrasonic unit cost?

How much did the ultrasonic unit cost?

Well I got it from a Record store called Real groovy here in Auckland last year ?? at world record day at a discount of $100.00 nz and being a member of the shop I got an extra $80.00 off so $180.00 0f the full price of $800.00 nz, but you may find the same unit on eBay cheaper or not, my opinion it was as I said a no brainer for me ..
BBQ...

Back