Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I note in the clip with the crazy Asian guy who really has no idea to keep his waxy fingers off the tracks that after the was there was zero difference but after the dreaded WD40 the clicks had vanished. Interesting
Yes, the washing had absolutely no effect whatsoever. I was rather amused that his demonstration of the benefit of his method was very brief! I suspect that there was nothing magic about WD40 improving matters - I guess practically any liquid would do that - indeed back in the day there was a stalwart band of audiophiles who insisted on playing their records wet.

That works if the clicks are from crud in the grooves. If the clicks are holes from where crud used to be in the groove before you removed it, they will be louder.

I still have my Diskwasher and it still works.

I also have an Autocleanica.

That works if the clicks are from crud in the grooves. If the clicks are holes from where crud used to be in the groove before you removed it, they will be louder.
If the creation of "holes" through the removal of dust was a significant cause of noise wouldn't cleaning a record always make it nosier?

Correction guys, finally double checked the improvement of the "bucket of glue" process, this time from a/b using audacity before / after goop. Its way better than 50% closer to 90% but more importantly it took out some of the distortion "hash" and made it very listenable. Trying another album tonight. Also I need to create a better external preamp, the commercial thing I purchased is crap!

I still have my Diskwasher and it still works.

I also have an Autocleanica.
I used a Discwasher wet cleaner like OCD every record playing when it came out. I also used the Last Record Preservative on the records. Sorta like WD 40 but it actually works. Most all ovf my records from the late 70's treated with Last are still very good. Prior to that not so much.

Correction guys, finally double checked the improvement of the "bucket of glue" process, this time from a/b using audacity before / after goop. Its way better than 50% closer to 90% but more importantly it took out some of the distortion "hash" and made it very listenable. Trying another album tonight. Also I need to create a better external preamp, the commercial thing I purchased is crap!
How many records do you have? How many are getting the glue treatment?
I can visualize the Chucky Record Glue Cleaning Factory: Two 12' tables set up one for A side one for B side. Records from one end to the other. Time to buy stock in Elmer's.

Last edited:
How many records do you have? How many are getting the glue treatment?
I can visualize the Chucky Record Glue Cleaning Factory: Two 12" tables set up one for A side one for B side. Records from one end to the other. Time to buy stock in Elmer's.
Not a huge amount, its only some titles that you cannot get anymore as a download or CD. Stuff from 50 years ago. I recon a few tubes of PVC will do the trick.

Anyone know a really good real time HARDWARE de clicker??????????????????????????

I'd thought about designing my own, then I reckoned it would cost me more to do it properly than buying one ready made! I'm using the Project Phono Box S2 Ultra with my SM2 along with a Rega Planar 3 and Red cartridge, and I get a good stable sound field (the SM2 is definitely really good for that).

Not a huge amount, its only some titles that you cannot get anymore as a download or CD. Stuff from 50 years ago. I recon a few tubes of PVC will do the trick.

Anyone know a really good real time HARDWARE de clicker??????????????????????????
you obviously know about the SugarCube which I think is a great little thing, albeit way too expensive...for less than $40 ClickRepair does the trick wonderfully..

BTW, I got a Pro-Ject Preamp at Crutchfield and it works great

you obviously know about the SugarCube which I think is a great little thing, albeit way too expensive...for less than $40 ClickRepair does the trick wonderfully..
Yes, the Sugar Cube is a really great device - I wouldn't be without mine. It is continuously adjustable in real time and works as near perfectly as far as I can determine. It has transformed my record collection and has the enormous advantage, for those of us who have no interest in such things, in requiring no messing about with programs and files and all that sort of palaver.

Yes, the Sugar Cube is a really great device - I wouldn't be without mine. It is continuously adjustable in real time and works as near perfectly as far as I can determine. It has transformed my record collection and has the enormous advantage, for those of us who have no interest in such things, in requiring no messing about with programs and files and all that sort of palaver.
I thought maybe I'll get one, couldn't get on to their website (site down?), any way, up popped an SweetVinyl SC-1 on eBay then I saw the price and thought now I remember why I didn't get one! Looks a great thing though.

Hey Captain

Just tried the trial $40 click repair, it really works well!! Great tip thank you sir
You are very welcome!! and thank you for calling me SIR!!!! (I was taught as a child that you have to be respectful of persons who are older than you and I am sure I am!!! ;) )
Brian is a GREAT guy and he will help you if you have ANY problem whatsoever and for $40 it's a STEAL!!!

BTW...I am setting my sights on a SM but it'll be a while, at least a year!

Take care!!

(P.S., yes, my wife also thinks I am quite a guy!!!! thanks for the chuckle!!!)

Back