Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chucky, I am trying to contact Involve at [email protected] without any luck about a previous order. I see you are on lockdown there. I ordered the evaluation kit and want to confirm the unit I received is not capable of SQ decoding. If the unit I have does not decode SQ how can I order the SQ decode board? Many Thanks.

Hi Chucky, I am trying to contact Involve at [email protected] without any luck about a previous order. I see you are on lockdown there. I ordered the evaluation kit and want to confirm the unit I received is not capable of SQ decoding. If the unit I have does not decode SQ how can I order the SQ decode board? Many Thanks.
Strange.................I will ask, give me till tomorrow. We are all working

Just got this reply.....................
Sean Hyatt. Got his order in Feb, sent in March, had no emails though. I'll log in to the info email account and check the spam shortly.

Just got this reply.....................
Sean Hyatt. Got his order in Feb, sent in March, had no emails though. I'll log in to the info email account and check the spam shortly.

Great thanks. I have been getting a lot of useful email sent to my spam lately. My email should be on the order.

Corona virus, you can never be too careful!!!!!

Due to Dave the Bitch's recent operation and Corona isolation in the leper state of Victoria, he has been working from home recently. Our programming gizmo in the office was stuffed, so I had to deliver a batch of the new Y4 amplifiers to Dave so he could program them on his home gizmo.

Due to operation/ wife (sorta)/ kiddy and concerns of transmission we agreed for a NON CONTACT DELIVERY. Well here I am with my solution - I failed the O.J test with the glove! Had "issues" zipping up the hazmat suit to.

View attachment 55871
A modern version of?
1599135774613.png

THE MAD ZEL

As some of you who have read this thread would know in our Immersion / Nakamichi days one of my business partners and co designers/ genius/ madman/ loon was Zel. A god of everything below 100Hz. He has a limited brain when it comes to surround and basically is a mono guy who will dabble in stereo with a center channel. We reunite every few years- once with a gun to my head as I had breakfast at his place (not joking).

Here is a link to his new company- great technology but just a bit nuts: TEAM - Bluacs

Here we are together back in around 2007 (spot the Chucky with BLACK HAIR) with Zel and one of his subs that actually triggered a seismic alert in a suburb of Melbourne (don't ask about the red thing- it was an experiment):
1602246789970.png

Well out of the blue today Zel SMS'ed me and the conversation was as follows- note my smooth sales skills:

Z
Dutch Bitch

C
You know me well

Z
Are you filthy rich?

C
Nup but circling it, The solar company is starting to kick. Both companies are currently notionally valued at around USD$20 MIL. Bothare in the production/ sales phase. Are you filthy rich yet (you c@#t).

Z
Can you create an all pass digital filter using DSP chip? And who are you calling a c@#t? But no not filthy.

C
You ya c@#t and yes

Z
I have here one of your Surround Master units. Did you make this yourself?

C
With Dave the Bitch

Z
I think that your Surround Master is a good thing. Is a higher performance version possible today? Would it sound better than this version that you sold me years ago?

C
Already did it with the SM 2B and the soon to be released SM 3. Improved headroom and frankly it just sounds better, also in a metal case. Gunna do a super surround preamp for next year..

Z
Stereo in and L/R and center out. Just like before?

C
Yup. If you want optical wait til V3 early next year.

Z
OK I see, Why not balanced inputs and outputs? Noise?

C
And also the V2 has input clip LED

Z
Good. Are you avoiding my balanced question? Whats your problem?

C
Err F!#k Ooops, I missed that. Then wait for the super pre amp next year, it will have balanced inputs.......or our older preamp/ encoder/ decoder....it had balanced inputs (still have 2 or 3).

Z
Hmmmm I must ponder

Z
So why not balanced outputs? Seems dumb. Tight ass Dutch Bitch??

C
It had balanced outputs you crazy Yugo prick

Z
Whatever

C
I have lost interest now

Z
Bring me your new Surround Master

C
The metal box thingy

Z
And be quick, yes

C
Do you want fry's with that?

Z
That's better

C
I demand a breakfast

Z
Its a long shot but I cannot afford not to know

C
Know what??

Z
To risky for my secret plans

C
You can trust me to blab

Z
I need to know that

C
...........????????????????????

Z
F!#king wait while I am typing

Z
The current state of the art. Is it still F!#ked in DSP land?

C
Nah, just too many kids programming that dont know s!@t about sound.

Z
Otherwise it might be finally useful

C
When?

Z
f!#KING RIGHT ON!!

C
I will see you maybe Wednesdayish

Z
OK we are still friends after that

C
Never liked you but you know some s!@t under 100Hz

Z
Let you know when you got one and I will pay cash

C
Still kinda luvs ya in a creepy kind of way

Yet another SM sold!!!

C

Zel has got back to me with a challenge to renew our battle of the best speaker technology- our electrostatic panels vs his latest secret cone technology. We have previously agreed that I win above 200 Hz and he wins down to DC.

Another random SMS

Z
Wait. Everything was OK until you said 100 Hz

C
F@#k, what frequency band do you claim to dominate now?

Z
It appears we have some unfinished business. Sir.

C
Pissing contest? Its all s!@t unless its a concentric dipole.

Z
Unless you have a better idea

C
Filling my bladder now.

Z
In the mean time I will brush up on my insults, so that I am ready to destroy your s!@t.

C
I can do this all day (think Captain America)

Z
Trump? I propose we have a shoot out.

C
Are you a Trumper? Where and when, what are the parameters?

Z
Yes, I have my MAGA cap on right now.

C
Figured that.

Z
OK, it means that you are willing, thats good.

C
Always happy to knock your dreams and ambitions

Z
I don't think neither of us can afford not to know. I just need an hour to put my war paint on. You are f@#ked.

C
State your terms sucker.

Z
F@#king done. I have kept my old house as a souvenir. Will that suffice? Its got electricity.

C
Parameters? Frequency response, SPL (you win), thd, imd, csd, polar response oh and something you know nothing about.....stereo image, depth and transparency. Deal I will bring my latest mini panels and stuff.....Might need a few days to collect s!@t. Problem is Dave the Bitch is still f@#ked with a knackered back (just had an operation.....silly turd caught his kid at a bad angle) need him on the measuring and golden ears.

Z
No. Just you and me!

C
Wanna measure stuff. OK, I will get the tech s!@t off Bitch. Are you scared of the Bitch........you turd puncher.

Z
No, not at all David is a good bloke

C
I will tell him that, his head will get even bigger.

Z
I think round 1 needs to be taken seriously.

C
Not possible, unfair condition

Z
Regret if David had a part in your system he simply has to wait for next time. State your terms.

C
Blah blah , whatever. This will be the fight of the century, f@#k Ali / Frazier.

Z
Quite possible you Dutch c#$t

C
At what distance......3 meters?

Z
20 paces, you chicken s!@t

C
Done

Z
Sorry , I will delay the insults

C
Why

Z
Need time to perfect them

C
Understood

Z
Lets ponder, I will come back later in the day. Have a nice day

C
Agreed

Looks like a battle is looming!!!!!!!!!!! He may look and sound like an idiot - that's true but he happens to be the pupil and main disciple of Neville Thiele (The Thiele and Small loudspeaker biblical parameters) and a physicist
Thiele/Small parameters - Wikipedia

This will be an ugly war.

Last edited:
Lockdown has ended so I'm ditching the Blackbeard for the Kojak in preparation for summer. Before and after pics:

View attachment 58616View attachment 58617
Hey. Is this gonna affect being in the next Zombie Apocalypse Parade? Too clean cut to be dead.

A zombie is trying to get his kid to eat their dinner
"Eat your food, there's people in America with no brains at all"

Back